Calendar - Making a "Private Note" public?

Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

Calendar - Making a "Private Note" public?

There are some very smart people on these boards so maybe someone out there has some input.

I'm not sure if I am missing a setting somewhere, but is there a way to make a "Private Note" in the calendar setting "Public" so potential guests searching that day will see said "Note"? I want to set up a note for New Years Eve saying the price includes "this, that and this" but only on that one night. If someone searched 12/30-1/2 for example that "Note" would come up. I not 100% sure this is even an option on the platform.

7 Replies 7
J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Barry-and-Lera0 

It is not possible to write a public note on the calendar.

However you can send a suggestion to make this feature available.

You can send it in the form of feed back.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback

Thanks @J-Renato0 : My wife came up with a good idea. Making a graphic with the date and the "extra amenities" offered on that particular day and putting it in our pictures. 

Also thank you for the link for the Airbnb feedback.

@Barry-and-Lera0 I'm curious about what type of information you would like to be made public for guests on your calendar?

@Rachel177 I want to set up a note for New Years Eve saying the price includes "this, that and this" but only on that one night. Usually a New Years Eve guest that stays with us will get a bottle of champagne, all kinds of hats, noisemakers, beads etc. and a gift certificate to a local restaurant.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Barry-and-Lera0 no way to make a note public. You could jack your rate from New Year Eve to include those extras but then "surprise" guests with them. 

@Emilia42: That has been what we have been doing for the last few years and guests love it. We were just trying to be a little more transparent in regard to what the higher pricing entails. 

Stacie25
Level 2
Athens, OH

I know, very old thread, but- That would be a very helpful feature!  We charge event rates for certain weekends. We're in a college town, so regular holidays aren't a big deal, but university events are. Certain weekends book a year or more in advance. A public note on the calendar would offer guests an explanation for the higher rates, and would confirm for guests who are looking to book for a specific event that they've got the right dates. Might also entice people browsing around to book if they see there's something going on that they might enjoy, like a festival.