Calendar dates unblocking randomly.

Calendar dates unblocking randomly.

Hi, using AirBNB's calendar tool I regularly(daily) experience random days in a period blocked out mysteriously resetting to "available". I have only one listing so wondered if this happens to other hosts' listings and if AirBNB know of an issue and if anyone has a workaround?

Thanks, Andrew

P.S. I don't want to suppress my listing as I have vacancies to fill but from August the whole place is full with family then it gets let out to the University on a shorthold tenancy so it's only available via AirBNB for a few months in summer.

43 Replies 43
Robin44
Level 3
Boston, MA

I have had this issue of calendar dates randomly unblocking for quite awhile.  The way I find out is an instant booking comes through.  Each and every time I call airbnb ask them if anyone else is having this issue, if they are trying to resolve and I insist that I AM NOT penalized for cancelling the guest.  I cancel them immediately of course.  I'm very frustrated by how much time this takes me in the middle of the day - calling airbnb takes anywhere from 10-45 minutes and each time I just get the polite response.  I want ACTION!  this is a KNOWN issue...they are a TECH company !  it's frustrating to have to disappoint people over and over....

Karyl5
Level 1
Blacksburg, VA

This is such a disappointment with airbnb.  I have the problem of my calendar dates opening up. I received a request to book a weekend in October and I thought to myself...I don't have any dates open. They did it to me again!  I didn't want to open up those dates yet because I was going to increase my price. I called airbnb and they said just deny them, change the price, and open it up again. But I didn't want to upset any customers so I let them book it. Now I have a note to check my airbnb calendar twice a week. I think it is their way of getting more bookings ($). 

I became so frustrated with the lack of help and correction with my calendar (I am talking almost 6 monthsof complete disaray), that I suspended my listing and retained a long term tenant . Very happy for now with that decision!

Haggai-and-Kira0
Level 1
Berlin, Germany

This has been also happening to us and it just opened our calendar for 3 weeks in June!  I will be home living in my apartment and am not renting it out.  It keeps happening and I feel like an **bleep** telling people that it's not available

Francesca1298
Level 2
Lausanne, Switzerland

It keeps happening to me as well. So annoying  and AirBnBis not doing anything about it really.

I always decline requests I apologise profoundly to whom tried to book it and I offer different dates.

But It is really frustrating.

My Super Host status renewed (never less than 5 stars and hundreds of stays) due to having to cancel someone who booked the same days as a previous booking (which should not be technically possible). Airbnb claims they cannot find any of the records for phone calls I made to customer services even though there were many calls about various bookings. I was told to cancel the second booking and that it would not affect my Super Host status. And I can't seem to get anyone to understand that there's no way this is my fault because it should be technically impossible.

Carolyn760
Level 2
Boise, ID

I am having the same problem and Airbnb "support" suggested that I re-block all of the dates. Thanks, that was SUPER helpful. This is a really bad bug that they need to address! Does anyone know how to get in touch with their actual product team? I'm a software product manager myself.  It's shocking that this has been going on since 2016 (this thread!) and they have not fixed it. 

I called about this about a month ago when it happened again and they claimed that they had NO RECORD of my ever calling or having talked to anyone about this issue. And I've talked to them about it many times. It's so strange. 

Just set default price of your listing to $1,000,000 per night - let them book

Cintho1
Level 1
กทม, Thailand

I get exactly the same problem and have screen shots of blocked unavailable dates then becoming available and having to reject booking enquiries. Frustrating.

Airbnb support finally got back to me and had me block them one more time. They seem to be staying blocked now. I had to have two long 'chat' conversations with support including using some all caps but finally got their attention. Good luck! 

Muriel542
Level 1
Fort Lauderdale, FL

This is still happening to me every single day I check my calendar. I have it set to “block all days” and the other day june and July were completely open!! has anyone actually found a solution?

I rent a timeshare 1 week a year.  I block every week except the one that I offer.  When I check the dates weeks later Airbnb made other dates available.  If someone tries to rent my unit it won't be available. I've been using Airbnb for 3 years and this has happened every year.   This is unacceptable.  I keep thinking that they will fix the bug.  I'll check with support when I can find the time but if it happens again I'll just go to VRBO!

Carolyn760
Level 2
Boise, ID

Still happening randomly. Maybe we should all collectively leave and go to VRBO! I'm a software product manager and it is total BS that they have not addressed this bug.