Calendar dates unblocking randomly.

Calendar dates unblocking randomly.

Hi, using AirBNB's calendar tool I regularly(daily) experience random days in a period blocked out mysteriously resetting to "available". I have only one listing so wondered if this happens to other hosts' listings and if AirBNB know of an issue and if anyone has a workaround?

Thanks, Andrew

P.S. I don't want to suppress my listing as I have vacancies to fill but from August the whole place is full with family then it gets let out to the University on a shorthold tenancy so it's only available via AirBNB for a few months in summer.

43 Replies 43

Call or tweet Airbnb right away to let them know. You shouldn't have to pay a penalty.
Edgar15
Level 1
Playa del Carmen, Mexico

I have a questions,  when this has happen,  and you get a  second booking,  did airbnb cancell with out penalty?

How can I cancell a booking that I received yesterday?   I already have other booking for those dates?

What can I do?

thank you

Dale12
Level 2
Tola, NI

I have had my dates Blocked randomly also.  At one time AIRBNB had a fantastic customer help dept.

Now I am here looking for help and only find people in the same boat.  I  believe Twitter is the most efective way to get help.

We are witnessing a company under explosive growth and I believe they simply can't can't keep up.  If anyone has any luck please speak up and there are hundrends if not thousands of us haveing the same problems.  

Alexander129
Level 1
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Hi All,

I experience regulary that AirBnB unblocks dates in my calendar. I have had an instant booking from some USA guests where im my administration the dates were blocked. I have had to cancel their booking. AiRBnB immediately sanctions this with a lowered dedication level and threat of unlisting my apartment. 

I only cancelled cause AirBnB unblocked my dates and then someone instant booked.  That is NOT fair!

There is NO customer service within AirBnB to address this to. ..

I have disabled instant booking to regain control, but still every week blocked dates are "unblocked" by AirBnB.

I would value a solution to this technical problem as this is not my fault!

Best Regards,

Alexander

I was having other issues and no "help" on the website was answering my questions. through a long google search I found a phone number for customer service and actually spoke to someone! 1-855-424-7262

yes having the same issue, i call them each time for them to waive the penalty....it's very annoying

Michal21
Level 2
Seattle, WA

I am experiencing the same issue.  I have my calendar blocked for when I return to my home for half the year.  I just had a booking inquiry for a date that had magically ublocked.  I had to tell that request that the calendar should have been blocked and was not able to accept their request. 

This is unacceptable from AirBnB.  They need to fix this issue.  I am manually checking my calendar regularly to see if things become unblocked and snoozed my listing - which is not ideal.  I will turn off instant book if it happens again.

This has happened again!  why isn't this fixed Airbnb?!!

Mike300
Level 2
Golden, CO

My calendar "unblocks" at 12 months out automatically, and my booking window is set at 12 months.  So that, even now in April of 2017, though I have manully blocked all of 2018, one day at a time 12 months out, the Airbnb system unblocks my calendar.  The system will plug in the the lowest rate you have and open one day, 12 months out, every day. 

This was a problem in December as the system opened Christmas at our ski condo for a low season rate and I had booking requests 12 months out at a low rate.  I had previously blocked the dates. I had to decline booking requests and politely explain that the Airbnb system is the issue. Another quirk was the system opened the Christmas dates with only a two night minimum - again a low season minimum stay. 

You can go into calendar and "snooze" it for future time block, but you first need to unblock those individual dates in the calendar.  https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/476/how-do-i-snooze-or-deactivate-my-listing.  

Hope this helps. 

Stephanie94
Level 2
Oakland, CA

This has been happening to me and is now hurting my host status BIG TIME.  I want AirBnB to not count these cancellations against me.  How on earth do I get in touch with someone about this?  

Although they are pretty good about answering emails, getting to the link where you can type your own concern is not that easy. I had good luck when I telephoned them @1-855-424-7262  Good luck!

Thanks, Sadie!

Emily259
Level 2
Boston, MA

I run 6 apts through Airbnb and have had this happen repeatedly with one apt. As the web calendar is multiview i use it to block dates for freinds and family using our apts.  While on the run I accept reservations via my phone app counting on the fact that the availability is correct. I cant possibly check and double check each reservation request.  I had already cancelled 1 wrongly amade available reservation during a 2 week stretch and now discovered another one got past me. Viewing the multi calendar you can clearly see the grey bloclk IMG_0703.PNGthe grey area and note the name throughout the should be blocked period. Ive been on hold for

Carie1
Level 6
Portland, OR

Yeah, when a blocked date becomes randomly available it has a very 'gaslighting' effect on me ("did I really mess that up so badly?!?"), as well as being  disconcerting for the would-be guest. It makes more work all around. Seems ridiculously glitchy--a reservation system that overrides blocked days? Not the greatest quality control.

I have had my setting on 'available 6 months out' and conscientiously check this regularly and manually override the 'available' dates that I know won't work for me. For instance, I always block Wednesdays. Then, zap!, they are back.

For lack of a better idea, I am going to change my availability setting to 'default setting is blocked' and see whether that eludes the problem they have with their software. Anybody have experience with that?

Steve214
Level 1
Virginia, United States

Yes it's a problem.  Has happened twice just this month.   5 or 6 days blocked in a row that I had open.   I lost $$$$ when I could have had my place rented those 2 weekends.