Calendar does not update to new pricing settings

John687
Level 1
South Australia, Australia

Calendar does not update to new pricing settings

When I change the pricing (Nightly Price) this does not update in my calendar.  Alao when I log out and look at my listing the old pricing is still showing.  I have allowed 24 hours for the system to reset/adjust so this is not simply a matter of the sytem not catching up.  The pricing system seems very buggy.

John

15 Replies 15
Jamie69
Level 7
Wheat Ridge, CO

In my view, it's not entirely intuitive to make changes to your listing on Airbnb.

To change your pricing, go to the pricing screen on your calender, than highlight the box with your nightly price in it.

Type in your new price and click on the Enter button on your keyboard. In the upper right corner of your screen, you should see it say "Saving..." If you don't see this, try it a second time.

At the same time that it's saving, you should see the prices in your calender reflect your new prices. If that's not happening... well, I don't know what to tell you. All I know is it's not as simple as typing in the new amount and waiting. You have to confirm the new price by tapping your enter button.

Hope that helps you.

Jamie

John687
Level 1
South Australia, Australia

Jamie,  Did exactly as you suggested, 'saving/saved' message comes up, calendar dims momentarilly but pricing does not change (I have screenshots at each stage).  Like I said must be a bug in the system somewhere.  This is serious, and if I am unable to edit my pricing, I will cease using AirBnB.  I can't be bothered creating a new listing to see if that fixes it.  Anyone from AirBnB on here or are we supposed to fix things oursleves/find workarounds?

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@John687 @Jamie69

there are 2 ways you can set prices for your listing. The best is to do it on pc, not mobile app.

1 - BASE PRICE

go to host / manage listings/ calendar and more ... and in upper right corner click on "pricing settings" On the right side of your window the form will slide in where you can set the BASE PRICE. It will be shown on every date you didn't set custom price on. When you did set it then click anywhere on the window (the best is under the calendar) and this form will slide off.

2 - CUSTOM PRICE

go to host / manage listings/ calendar and more .... and click on the start date you want to change the price then hold shift button and click on the end date (or just set it in a form on the right side of your window) where you will also see a field "Price for each night" , write desired price and hit "save changes"

This price will override the base price but only for dates you set.

But, there is a glitch on ABB calendar so I always have to do it twice because the first time it doesn't want to save it. 

I have the same issue, when I update my "1- BASE PRICE" it does not update the rates in my calendar.  Maybe it only changes the rates for new availability when they come online?  If so it should say that somewhere.

The problem with using the "2 - CUSTOM PRICE" option is that if you want to set the new rate for large periods of time it won't let you do this if there is a booking already within that time frame.  Changing rates for seasons, etc should be able to be done easily and independant of whether or not there are already bookings for those days.  Most property management systems out their allow you to set different rates for as many time frames as you want, up to 1 or 2 years ahead of time, and this is very helpful to set different prices for seasons, weekends etc.

Airbnb needs to end the BASE and CUSTOM Price options and go with a simple Rate Page, where you input a rate, select the date range it is valid for, and select which days of the week it is valid.  This is the standard with property management systems and should be a no-brainer.  Then allow manual rate changes for specific days on the calendar to make on the fly adjustments for last minute discounting, holidays etc.

Tristana2
Level 2
Great Barrington, MA

I have the same problem.  So frustrating.  I am going in manually and adjusting every single day by hand.

Nancy-And-Casey0
Level 3
Twain Harte, CA

Same here. The price will not change - It is most definately a problem with the website as it should adjust the price instantly - wow.

Audrey209
Level 2
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom

Having the exact smae problem, it's a real pain.  It should be simple.

Ken-and-Molly0
Level 2
United States

I was having the same problem but after reading Jaime's comments, I hit enter after changing my price and NOT USING the SAVE button. The SAVE button was doing nothing for me (and is therefore broken), but using ENTER instead was my ticket. Thanks Jamie and this DOES need to be fixed - it's clearly a bug.

Sina26
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Yes seems like a flawed design to be honest. When you change the price using the costum price adjustment, or the price tip, it overrides the base price. There is no way you can reset to base price after making the adjustments. This is clearly bad design. 

I even tried blocking everything, both manually and through the availaidity page, and then reopening the dates, but there was no reset. 

So you got to change the prices day by day.

Here is a tip if you don't know. Click on a day then hold down shift and click again on another day, it will select the range of days inbetween, then you can select the price for multiple days. 

Constantina4
Level 1
Nicosia, Cyprus

Hi guys! I’ve been having the same problem. I’ve updated my base price on the mobile app but when I open the calendar is still showing the old prices. Then I manually selected the dates on the calendar and adjusted the price. Then I looked up my property in search results it was still showing the old price! 🤬

Thanks - this worked me.

Cynthia698
Level 2
Charleston, SC

It's Nov 6 2020.  The edit calendar is not working.  It does not save price changes.

Julia3364
Level 1
Sellersville, PA

It's 2022 and this bug still exists. Constantina4's tip above worked for me.

Leonardo796
Level 1
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Awfull and anoying bug that the IT techs should have adressed this issue, instead of dedicating time to monthly create not so usefull features, which gives the template an unecessary complexity. Not to act on this kind of problem for so long is one of many proofs that the priorities has shifted to disregard owners needs, to which makes me rethink if I should continue to use the platform.