Calendar is open but can't book 13 months ahead

Alan324
Level 2
Uxbridge, MA

Calendar is open but can't book 13 months ahead

I am having a problem with my calendar. I have a guest who is looking to book ahead in Costa Rica's high season for an almost 2-month stay next January and February.  I opened my calendar availability settings (which only allowed for pre-bookings up to 12 months ahead), changed the setting to allow for bookings for "all future dates" and made sure the pricing and other information was correct.

The user tried to book the dates but they still don't show as available for him. I'm afraid someone else might get in there and book for just a week which would screw up my long-term rental, so I am going to have to put a hold on those dates (just in case someone else can figure out how to get in there). I don't like holding up my high season rentals for next year like this but there seems to be no other option. And the guest is eager to make the booking so I would really like to accommodate his request.

Any suggestions?

Thanks all!

3 Replies 3
Jim472
Level 10
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I don't know why that wouldn't work but if it were me I'd try a work around. 

Have them do an inquiry/request for an earlier date, then do a modification for the dates they want. It'll send them the updated dates/price that they can confirm. Just make sure that you've got your cancellation policies in order before that. 

good suggestions, Jim472! I will try that. This is a new problem for me ... 🙂

For anyone following this thread, I heard back from Airbnb help on the likely culprit (in case you run into similar issues). The renter was vacationing in Costa Rica and loved it so much he wants to book for almost 2 months next year and selected my villa. But because he was accessing the site through the app, the calendar availability is limited to 12 months, thus he couldn't book 13 months out. Once he gets onto the site from a PC and browser, it should work just fine ...