Calendar issues ... blocked dates keep 'popping up' as available ....

Nikki1
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Calendar issues ... blocked dates keep 'popping up' as available ....

I have two city listings ... however on our Amsterdam listing, blocked dates keeps popping up as available .... it has done this 4 or 5 times in the last month - which is very disappointing for guests trying to book.  So even though we block all of these by hand .... some random dates unblock themselves.  This thankfully does not happen on out London listing.  

Are there any ways to stop this happening?   It feels like someone else has access to the calendar!

Thanks and best wishes, Nikki

49 Replies 49
Jose212
Level 2
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Yes, this happens over and over again (see my earlier comment). And indeed, it can effect your status and lead to unjust penalties.

I check my calandre every now and than and open dates appear all the time, no matter how often I've blokked them. Airbnb seems to claim this is a 'glitch' but I honestly think it's part of their strategy (?!).

This is what I did to prevent unwanted bookings and having to diappoint people. I've changed the start of my profile text: 'Please note: at this moment we expect not to have any AVAILABILITY anymore in 2017. Please don't try to book dates even if they seem open, this is due to a flaw in the airbnb calendar system!'

In case you still have some openings you could sum them up: Please note: we can only have guests in the following periods 10-16sept, 20-24oct, 3-10dec. Please don't try to book other dates even if they seem open, this is due to a flaw in the airbnb calendar system!'

Maybe this helps... I have not received unwanted bookings since I've added this text.

Mark552
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Yes, this created a major problem as someone insatantly booked at date that was unavailable, this needs to be fixed asap.

Mahsa4
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

does anyone read these???? the above messages are for 2016 and im in end of 2017 still have same ISSUE HOW COME THIS SITE IS NOT FIXED????????

It's been fixed ages ago..there is a setting now on your calendar where you can choose to keep dates blocked by default. 

Kevin-and-Deb3
Level 2
Wodonga, Australia

I am currently having just this same issue. If there is a solution,  HELP PLEASE!!!!