Calendar issues ... blocked dates keep 'popping up' as available ....

Nikki1
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Calendar issues ... blocked dates keep 'popping up' as available ....

I have two city listings ... however on our Amsterdam listing, blocked dates keeps popping up as available .... it has done this 4 or 5 times in the last month - which is very disappointing for guests trying to book.  So even though we block all of these by hand .... some random dates unblock themselves.  This thankfully does not happen on out London listing.  

Are there any ways to stop this happening?   It feels like someone else has access to the calendar!

Thanks and best wishes, Nikki

49 Replies 49
Lisa7
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

That has happened to me. I make it a point now to go back and double check the day after I make changes to my calendar to make sure that the changes "stuck."

I have a feeling it's an airbnb glitch, maybe on mobile.

AirBNB told me it was a known bug they are trying to fix.....and hopefully my responce time!

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

It happens to us on regular basis - dates that we have blocked out suddenly appear free. The system is pretty ropey, so alwasy best to double check dates when someone requests them..rather than assume they are free.

Well, I guess it's good that I'm not the only one.  But miserable that AirBNB doesn't seem to care about the calendar being wonky.

Chris43
Level 2
Lawrence Township, NJ

I have my listing set so it won't receive reservations more than 90 days out. Every day, it unblocks a day at that borderland. It seems like when they release the day internally because it's no longer more than 90 days out, that unblock overrides the dates I have manually blocked in the calendar.

Because I have limited availability, this pattern has become obvious to me.  If you only blocked dates occassionally, it would be a huge mystery.  I've brought the issue to the attention of AirBNB and they told me to clear my browser data. I've explained in more detail and am providing screenshots, but they haven't even been willing to tell me the status of my ticket.

Hi, how do you get ahold of the people at Airbnb? I just listed my lakefornt cabin and have booked one stay. I canceled a girl a few days ago but it still showes booked. It is over fourth of july weekend and it totally screws up the four day weekend!! HELP:(

Ronda

The "Premium" Support Line is 1 six 4 7, nine 4 five, nine 6 two 7 call them to report the problem. It is wide spread and has never been addressed let alone fixed. From what I know it happens all the time, the IT is contracted out to another provider, so not addressed by Air Bnb directly. But it needs to be rerported in large number so something can be done. Get them to take a screen shot and have it sent to IT along iwth your account info.

This glitch makes the Instant Book features simply dangerous, so I never use it as dble bookings will occur. As preimium placecment is given to those who opt for the Instant Book feature, it's also unfair. 

Being out of cell range also makes the risk of losing host status higher as one cannot respond to Booking Requests on itme, even if its only to Decline ( another strike against the host) for unbookable dates made available in error. 

I call many times, no resolution, no hope, no help. 

Thoroughty unimpressd withAir Bnb for launching an unreliable platform, which is essentially all they offer. If they cant get that right, what point is there?

David21
Level 2
Charlotte, NC

I had exactly the same thing happen this week and had a guest autobook on top of an existing reservation.  I had to cancel the new reservation and then airbnb tells me I am dinged as a superhost due to the cancellation.  I tried to open a ticket and no reply from airbnb support.

This is a serious issue with the airbnb calendar.  So bad that I have turned off autobook and have to take inquiries again.  Thank goodness we have only a few weeks remaining on the year.

Don't know what's going on, but this is very concerning.

I already gave up on the sync with other sites and just manually sync them asap after I get a reservation. 

I personally like airbnb very much compared to other rental sites, so hope the calendar issue is resolved quickly.

Yep, I'm another victim of the calendar glitch. I'll try reporting it too. Will let you know how I go...

I spoke to a very nice guy from Airbnb (Sydney). He asked me to email him when it happens again and he'll report it to IT. He said this is the first time he's heard of it so I guess we need to let them know it's not a one-off issue.

He gave me an email address but if I include it I believe Airbnb will block it. So I'll try adding gaps and 'at' and 'dot' so it gets through...

response at airbnb dot com

where do I report this ? Actually I have a double booking because of that glitch. I am not willing to downgrade my superhost status because of an AirBnb error.

Bige0
Level 1
Kangaroo Valley, AU

(Exactly this, happened to me. . lost my super host status.

.. still too upset to call Airbnb-support. . )

Completely agree with Pedro's statement- I am not willing to lose my hard earned Super Host status due to Air BnBs faulty system.

for the record- this is A Very Common problem and Air BnB is well aware of dates opening up on their own and 

nB so far far has done Nothing to solve it.  

I have been a Host for over a year and I now have to chekc my clanendars twice a week to reblock unavailable days.  This fault makes Instant Book feature a huge liability.  The increasing number of declines is worrying me as I will be judged negatively.  I am a frequent caller to the "help" line, but there is no help. Very disappointed in the lack of effective resources availbale to hosts, hate that it interrupts my personal life now, hate that I can never trust the system, hate hat no one cares,  and am thinking of leaving air BnB entirley due to their utter lack of effort to remedy this.   

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

It happens to us nearly daily - we never accept a reservation now without manually checking the calendar. This bug has been around for months and months. I have emailed twice asking them to fix this basic error - not even the courtesy of a response. So.....