Calendar shows Unavailable but should be Available

Jennifer245
Level 1
Denver, CO

Calendar shows Unavailable but should be Available

I have a guest coming for the 12th through the 16th.   I have another guest (actually just the second guest of the first booking) who wants to stay the 16th through the 25th.   I have the calendar changed so that it is immediatly available, I checked the check in and out times to make sure they don't conflict.   Yet still it shows the 16th as unavailable so I can not confirm the second reservation.

Help would greatly be appreciated, I have obviously exceeded my skill level here.

Thanks in advance!

Jennifer

9 Replies 9
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

@Jennifer245, in Your Listing -> Calendar and More -> Availability settings (at the top right) -> Reservation preferences, check the dropdown under "How many days do you want to block between reservations". Make sure it says "None".

Hope that's the problem.

Thanks but unfortunately I had already checked that.   Double double checked again but still set correctly.

I took a look at your calendar, @Jennifer245, and the 16th is clear. So strange! You might have to call about this one. Looks like it has nothing to do with your skills and everything to do with a glitch. Good luck!

Bob43
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

If you would have had a request for pre-approval shortly before, and you approved it without the guest having accpeted it yet, the calendar stays blocked until the pre-approval expires after 24 hours. This will not be shown in your calendar however. Maybe that could be it?

I've had the same issue today. Someone tried to book, the space was available actually but the system showed it to be unavailable. He then booked something else. It seems the system messes up and books the place as unavailable once someone makes a request sometimes.

How can I call Air B&B for help? I don't see a number anywhere.

The system also messed up once before when I appointed a co-host and I stopped receiving emails and texts from them.

Thanks

Greg66
Level 1
New South Wales, Australia

Hi Rose,

well we have exactly the opposite problem here, dates that we have specifically blocked become available somehow.  Seems the software glitch works the opposite way as well.

Have also unsuccessfully searched for a contact phone number (or email conversation link).

Love to get some advice on either of these two problems!

Greg66
Level 1

Hi Rose,

well we have exactly the opposite problem here, dates that we have specifically blocked become available somehow.  Seems the software glitch works the opposite way as well.

Have also unsuccessfully searched for a contact phone number (or email conversation link).

Love to get some advice on either of these two problems!

If my guest asked me to to "mutually" cancel due to a price issue. After I canceled him my calendar does not appear available. How can I make it look avaialable??

Andrew839
Level 1

Hi guys,

I am having the exact issue and it is extremely frustrating!

A guest booked for a specific date and then cancelled. The calendar shows that date as unavailable. I manually change that date to available again and press save. Then I come back after a couple of hours and it says unavailable again! So once again I manually change it to available, re-fresh the page, and it says available. But after about 2 hours I check again and AGAIN it says my place is unavailable that day!

I have repeated the process about 6 times now and this keeps happening. Has anyone else had this issue? Please help!

Thanks