Calendar sync problem between vrbo and airbnb - tentative bookings blocked on airbnb!

Answered!
Victoria63
Level 2
Kelowna, Canada

Calendar sync problem between vrbo and airbnb - tentative bookings blocked on airbnb!

I synced my vrbo calendar into my airbnb settings and although it works (I see my airbnb bookings on vrbo and vice versa), the problem is that any "tentative" bookings on vrbo appear as blocked off dates on my airbnb calendar.

Recently I've had a string of tentatives who cancelled after a couple weeks... which means that for two weeks those dates on airbnb were blocked off and unavailable to those looking at my airbnb listing for those dates. I'm upset by this because I could have possibly lost bookings!

So my question is: is it possible to ignore all but paid bookings on the calendar sync between vrbo and airbnb? Does anyone have experience with this?

1 Best Answer
Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10
Union City, NJ

Hi @Victoria63  I had the same problem, but I ended up synching airbnb to VRBO instead of VRBO to Airbnb.  Since I'm on IB on Airbnb this works better for me, as I can manually block the Airbnb calendar for VRBO bookings.   I get less bookings (but more every year) from VRBO so it's easier for me to manage this way.

Not a solution for you, but maybe it helps?

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Victoria63
Level 2
Kelowna, Canada

I found a partial solution to this problem... I unselected "Include Tentative Reservations in the calendar export" from vrbo's calendar export option. That gave me a link that does not show the "tentative" inquiries on my airbnb calendar, but it still shows inquiries for bookings that were only partially paid (50% paid). These people can still cancel their bookings and thereby booking space on the calendar in airbnb.

Does anyone have an ideas for how to deal with this?

If they paid (even 50%) you can't offer those dates to someone else unless they cancel.  Otherwise you could have 2 guests showing up for the same dates if they don't cancel.

Thank you for the tip about removing Tentative from the VRBO export, I was going crazy when I saw it was blocking my AIRBNB calendar.  Sooooooooo mad!  I'll try that next.

Maybe change your cancellation policy if you don't want to give a refund upon cancellation.

Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10
Union City, NJ

Hi @Victoria63  I had the same problem, but I ended up synching airbnb to VRBO instead of VRBO to Airbnb.  Since I'm on IB on Airbnb this works better for me, as I can manually block the Airbnb calendar for VRBO bookings.   I get less bookings (but more every year) from VRBO so it's easier for me to manage this way.

Not a solution for you, but maybe it helps?

Hi @Maria-Lurdes0 ,

Can you explain more about syncing Airbnb to VRBO instead of VRBO to Airbnb? 

You just import your Airbnb calender to VRBO but dont import your VRBO calender to Airbnb. You would have to manually update/block your calender for air bnb

Odalys17
Level 1
Pembroke Pines, FL

Thanks.  What I did was to go to Airbnb and "trash" the existing sync calendar and to reimport the vrbo calendar.  Then it worked.  Both websites are often frustrating to me as things are hard to find unless you know where they are.