Calendar update

Jill27
Level 1
Alyth, United Kingdom

Calendar update

Hi,

My calendar says it was last updated on the 28th of March but I have updated it several times since then. I don't want to look as if I'm not paying attention to my claendar.

Is there any way to contact Airbnb directly and ask them to sort it out? Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Thanks

Jill

24 Replies 24

Well ... yeh ... because I had to fiddle with the calendar to cause it to update (and then change it back to what I had originally). You wouldn't happen to have come across any new information regarding my question post about the latest Airbnb calendar incarnation? Because we already keep it up-to-date, we have no reason to fiddle with the calendar on a daily basis merely in order for it to read "Updated today." It's a bloody PITA to be forced into spending unnecessary time on this task. Twice. We have two listings.

Hosting since Thanksgiving Day 2012 and over 1,000 stays. May you ever be the benevolent ruler of your own domain--YOUR life. Allow no other to rule over it.

@Fiona-and-Keith-and-Fami0 Why do you bother to update every day if your calendar is how you want it?  Hope you know that it is a myth that updating a calendar every day doesn't do anything for you.  So if your calendar or listing is how you want it to be,  there isn't any advantage to tweeking it daily!

@Sarah--And-Maayan-0. Have you seen this link? It addresses the constant tweeking of a listing to improve search results.  

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Your-top-questions-about-Airbnb-Search/m-p/509644/highli...

@Clare0  I have and was actually looking for the link.  Thank you for sending it!

@Clare0You're ASSUMING why I reached out to the community for assistance. We do NOT need any help in increasing our rankings; we're PLENTY busy enough already (and we don't even use instant book, which gets a big "NO thank you" from us because of guests not reading the listing details--we want to vet each and everyone one of the individuals who we will be entering our home).

"Repeatedly changing or tweaking your listing will neither help nor hurt your Search Ranking. If you’re happy with your photos, price, and description, feel free to leave it as is and wait for booking requests to arrive!" My response: We do not need to change anything in our listing details because we are, indeed, happy with the way they are. This means it could be a long time--even as long as YEARS--before we update them. Wouldn't YOU like to see a host's calendar was updated recently, rather than--at a minimum for us--MONTHS, ago? I am left with the sense your response was impatient and condescending. If this isn't the case, may I recommend re-reading your responses to ensure they convey what--and how--you intend.

Hosting since Thanksgiving Day 2012 and over 1,000 stays. May you ever be the benevolent ruler of your own domain--YOUR life. Allow no other to rule over it.

@Fiona-and-Keith-and-Fami0. My apologies.  My mind reading skills are not as honed as yours.

Not at all @Clare0! Mind reading skills aren't required. Merely reading skills.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I actually don't understand this whole issue at all. What is there to update on my calendar? I check it regularly to make sure airbnb hasn't blocked or opened dates due to some glitch in their system (which so far hasn't happened), my guest dates are correct, my blocked dates (because I have friends or family coming) are correct. What can there possibly be to update?

Also my listing reads exactly the way I want it to, and the photos are fine. Why would I "tweak" it?

@Sarah977So that anyone interested in booking with you will be confident knowing your calendar is up-to-date. If you haven't used Airbnb to travel or "previewed" your listing, the user sees a message "Last updated ... today, yesterday, 6 months ago" as the case may be. So as the website stands now, if you're happy with everything and do not make a tweak, travelers will see that you updated your calendar the last time you DID make changes. So your question, "Why would I 'tweak' it?" is EXACTLY the point I am making. What a PITA it is to HAVE to go into the calendar (or listing details will have the same effect) and a silly waste of time, but which is MADE necessary by the current Airbnb system. I want potential guests to see a calendar that's been "updated" at least within the past few days, rather than WEEKS—or months—ago (whenever the last time was that we made changes). Hope I've helped make sense of this conversation. Thanks for your post!