Calling all Tucson, Arizona HOSTS

Calling all Tucson, Arizona HOSTS

I would like to start a feed for Hosts in Tucson Arizona.  Perhaps one where we can post helpful bits of advice.  Things like recommendations on good house cleaners, accountants that are especially good with vacation home rental needs/requirements, etc.  If you are hosting in Tucson Arizona and have any ideas or suggestions please post them here.  I'll start with a question - anyone have a recommendations for more "local" hotspots to go for things to do.  I am not looking for the ordinary "tourist" stuff that everyone knows about.  Looking forward to some ideas - Thanks!

92 Replies 92
Virginia24
Level 1
San Antonio, TX

Hello John and Kathy. I also want to start an Airbnb in Tucson. Do you guys know of a good management company in Tucson. We travel a lot. Hope to hear from you. Thanks!

Hi Virginia, 

I saw your question about property management companies. I have some experience with this, although I am not using one now. I used Tucson Vacation Rentals for four years and was quite pleased with them. I actually live overseas nine months out of the year, so I felt it was necessary. But last summer, TVR posted my house on airbnb, and I realized I could do that myself and hire a reliable cleaning service, and then I really didn't feel I needed a property manager. I have used airbnb as a traveler for years, but this winter is my first winter to host. My first guest arrives in December. 

TVR's commission is 30%. That's another reason I decided not to continue using them. I took real estate classes in property management and one of the classes was led by Steve at Blue Fox Properties, but he said they don't do furnished rentals usually. I was impressed with him, but have never used Blue Fox. If you feel you need a prop managment company though, it might be worth contacting him. 

Mary, thanks for your reply to Virginia .... I've just listed my house in Tucson (near Udall Park, Sabino Canyon, pools, etc) but having technical difficulties with getting the posting right. Is the management company you mentioned a better way for a beginner? I too live outside of Tucson most of the time but feel bad not sharing the house!

appreciate your suggestions!

Lori

You mean the posting on Airbnb? If it's technical, you'd need to notify them if something isn't working correctly. The most important thing is be thorough so you'll get fewer questions from guests, check other prices of homes in your area that are similar so you know how much to charge per night, and put lots of good pictures. Pictures are extremely important. 

Hi Mary I would be interested in meeting with you to learn more about helping you with you needs I currently host my own property through Airbnb also.

Hey Loralee,

I just left this same response to Melissa but I'm completely available to co-host, or whatever other needs you may have. I've been using airbnb to travel for years but just started hosting about a month ago. I also live in Tucson by the University, and I work part time on the side as a stock manager for a local bridal shop, but I could handle any issues you have at your rental definitely cheaper than going through a management company. Whether you wanted someone to be there to interact with the guests and keep an eye on the house, or need someone to give the keys to each guest and show them around. Or if it's maintenance or cleaning after each guest leaves I can do that too I actually worked as a maintenance worker in Florida when I lived there so I've learned what needs to be done to maintain a house/apartment along with the yard as well. And I actually broke my femur about a month ago so I'm on crutches and can't work my store management job right now, so any other work to help cover rent while I slowly heal is greatly appreciated.  You can reach me anytime at 

Hi Mary -

Can you provide a name and contact for good cleaning service?   

Thanks,

Hi Manny,

I use La Maids and have been for the last year. I live overseas so we communicate mostly via email. The owner is Kelly Strum and the manager is Shannon. If you Google them you can find their contact info. I don't have it with me right now.

Marcus162
Level 2
Arizona, United States

Who did you use for cleaning

We use The Cleam Image in Tucson, very professional.  

Marcus162
Level 2
Arizona, United States

Who did you use for cleaning.

I'm available to co-host here in Tucson year round, it is 21% and I can be your boots on the ground/all around help.  I have over 12 years experience running my own vacation rental home and love it!  Olivia Brown

Melissa223
Level 2
Sedona, AZ

Looking for a manager for my large air B and B tucson

Hi Mellisa I would be interested in learning more about helping you manage your Airbnb I host my own property currently through Airbnb.