Calling all Tucson, Arizona HOSTS

Calling all Tucson, Arizona HOSTS

I would like to start a feed for Hosts in Tucson Arizona.  Perhaps one where we can post helpful bits of advice.  Things like recommendations on good house cleaners, accountants that are especially good with vacation home rental needs/requirements, etc.  If you are hosting in Tucson Arizona and have any ideas or suggestions please post them here.  I'll start with a question - anyone have a recommendations for more "local" hotspots to go for things to do.  I am not looking for the ordinary "tourist" stuff that everyone knows about.  Looking forward to some ideas - Thanks!

92 Replies 92

[Personal information hidden for safety reasons - to use the Direct Messaging function here in the Community Center, hover over the post profile photo and click 'Sent Message']

Hey Melissa,

I just left this same response to Loralee but I'm completely available to co-host, or whatever other needs you may have. I've been using airbnb to travel for years but just started hosting about a month ago. I also live in Tucson by the University, and I work part time on the side as a stock manager for a local bridal shop, but I could handle any issues you have at your rental definitely cheaper than going through a management company. Whether you wanted someone to be there to interact with the guests and keep an eye on the house, or need someone to give the keys to each guest and show them around. Or if it's maintenance or cleaning after each guest leaves I can do that too I actually worked as a maintenance worker in Florida when I lived there so I've learned what needs to be done to maintain a house/apartment along with the yard as well. And I actually broke my femur about a month ago so I'm on crutches and can't work my store management job right now, so any other work to help cover rent while I slowly heal is greatly appreciated.  You can reach me anytime at ****

[Personal information hidden for safety reasons]

I may be looking for a co-host for my home north of UofA off Mountain.

I may be looking for a co-host for my home north of UofA off Mountain.

Hey Craig,

I just left this same response to Melissa but I'm completely available to co-host, or whatever other needs you may have. I've been using airbnb to travel for years but just started hosting about a month ago. I also live in Tucson by the University, and I work part time on the side as a stock manager for a local bridal shop, but I could handle any issues you have at your rental definitely cheaper than going through a management company. Whether you wanted someone to be there to interact with the guests and keep an eye on the house, or need someone to give the keys to each guest and show them around. Or if it's maintenance or cleaning after each guest leaves I can do that too I actually worked as a maintenance worker in Florida when I lived there so I've learned what needs to be done to maintain a house/apartment along with the yard as well. And I actually broke my femur about a month ago so I'm on crutches and can't work my store management job right now, so any other work to help cover rent while I slowly heal is greatly appreciated.  You can reach me anytime at 860-838-1848

Hey Craig,

I just left this same response to Melissa but I'm completely available to co-host, or whatever other needs you may have. I've been using airbnb to travel for years but just started hosting about a month ago. I also live in Tucson by the University, and I work part time on the side as a stock manager for a local bridal shop, but I could handle any issues you have at your rental definitely cheaper than going through a management company. Whether you wanted someone to be there to interact with the guests and keep an eye on the house, or need someone to give the keys to each guest and show them around. Or if it's maintenance or cleaning after each guest leaves I can do that too I actually worked as a maintenance worker in Florida when I lived there so I've learned what needs to be done to maintain a house/apartment along with the yard as well. And I actually broke my femur about a month ago so I'm on crutches and can't work my store management job right now, so any other work to help cover rent while I slowly heal is greatly appreciated.  You can reach me anytime at 

Craig 

I'm a two -year Superhost in Goodyear, AZ and I'll be hosting a "Gathering Gourmet" for AZ hosts one day mid -week in July.

I'm lo jj

Hello, I've been using airbnb to travel for years but just started hosting about a month ago. I also live in Tucson, and I work part time on the side as a stock manager for a local bridal shop, but I could handle any issues you have at your rental definitely cheaper than going through a management company. Whether you wanted someone to be there to interact with the guests and keep an eye on the house, or just needed someone to give the keys to each guest and show them around. Or if it's just maintenance or cleaning after each guest leaves I can do that too I actually worked as a maintenance worker for a company in Florida when I lived there so I've learned what needs to be done to maintain a house/apartment along with the yard as well. My phone number is 860-838-1848

Hi Melissa, I am own a Property Managment Company ( I can send my website URL) which inlcudes managing 5 properties completly. 

Let me know if youre still interested in getting help. My company - Morgan Taylor Property Managment; Offers it all

Did you find someone in Tucson to help you manage your Airbnb question

@Mary297, @Virginia24, @Loralee0, @Melissa223: Do you know the legality of co-hosting? I have the time to co-host for others if it is legal without a realtor's license. That might solve your property management question without a 30% fee. I currently operate two Airbnb's and have SuperHost status.

Hi Tim. I'm not sure what you mean by co-hosting. Maybe that's a term I'm not familiar with. I just happen to be a licensed real estate agent in Arizona, but not active since I live overseas. You need a real estate license to "manage" more than one rental property if you are not the owner, but  I think what you're talking about it more like "house sitting". As far as I know, you don't need a real estate license. 

I will tell you what I need, but just know that my needs definitely don't fall under the umbrella of "property management." My home is a single family on a lot with no shared space with anyone else. I have a good size yard with minimal landscaping, and a small home. I use a lockbox for self check-in and check-out and that is working great. I don't need someone to handle keys and meet guests. I handle all bookings and all communication on Airbnb without a problem so far. 

Since January, I've had a friend pop over a few times and restock TP, laundry soap, etc. She's also checked to make sure the cleaners are doing a good job, which they are. I'm very pleased. But there  have been a couple of hiccups, mostly due to four guests who just left my house in a disasterous state during the gem show, so the next guest had some issues because the cleaners didn't do a great job. They did an okay job, but several really obvious things went undone. New gal on the job. 😞 But once we got that chain reaction stopped, everything seemed to go smoothly.

What I need is someone to occasionally go over and check the house, make sure the guest didn't damage or trash anything, and see that the cleaners did a good job. Also, I need someone to restock supplies. So far the cleaners have been throwing out any food and cleaning the fridge, even though that's not really on their to-do list. But they don't restock anything. I also occasionally need someone to come over and water my outdoor plants. Not sure the renters are doing this, but my aunt assured me my yard looks great. But the time they really need water is just now starting, in May. 

My house sitter is moving overseas in August. So I'm looking for someone with good communication skills who will send me regular reports about what's going on and WHAT THEY DID TO FIX IT. My house sitter wasn't great at this. She would tell me the problem, fix it, but never tell me she fixed it, so I had to ask a lot of questions. If she wasn't able to do something, like fix the shower drain, she would tell me and I'd get someone over there to do it. I tried to give her as much advance notice as possible if I needed her to go to the house, and I tried to be very specific about what needed to be done according to my guests. 

I think I'm covered till I arrive home in August. I am leaving my current job in Kuwait, and will be coming home in August for a few months. I'd like to meet with you to discuss the job when I get home in August. It's  minimal work, but these are small things that are crucial to getting a good review and putting my mind at ease. 

Thanks for reaching out. 

Mary

Airbnb now allows hosts to have a co-host assist in managing a property. They can maintain the listing, provide input to guests and otherwise manage the property as needed, but cannot change the financial aspects or ownership of the listing. They do receive copies of the booking emails and inquiries and can respond if necessary.

I have long-term rental properties that I own all or parts of in addition to my Airbnb properties and have thoroughly read the Arizona real estate law on property management I understand the need for a realtor's license to manage non-personally owned rental property and I think full co-hosting may infringe upon the law where the owner is absentee and the co-host does everything.

I guess my real question would be, how much management does one have to do to be a "property manager?" Can the owner manage the bookings/finances and just have someone make sure the house is stocked, the cleaning crews cleaned, the yard maintained and be on-call should something break (like you are asking) to be classified as a property manager? As a realter can you provide more insight? I'd love to do this more-- the type of thing you are asking, but, of course, want to do it legally too without spending years to get a broker's license.

Thanks in advance for any insight. See you in August!

Hi please call me concerning air b and b

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons–in line with the Community Center Guidelines - to use the Direct Messaging function here in the Community Center, hover over the post profile photo and click 'Sent Message']