Can I ask request money from a guest more than once

Yvonne129
Level 2
New Zealand

Can I ask request money from a guest more than once

I have had two problems with my last guest (hardly ever had a problem before!) There was at least one maybe two extra guests that they hadn't booked or paid for. I charge for two people and extra for each one above that. 

Also they managed to damage my bath quite badly with loads of deep scratches, so I will need to get the bath resurfaced. I have a large copper that I use to store pine cones for use in the fire, they emptied it and used it in the bath, For bathing purposes I suppose!

I have written to the departed guest twice to see if I initiate a conversation, but had no luck. It will take a while to get a quote for the bath as there is no one local who does this, but I found someone who only comes to out town occasionally. They can give me a ball park figure. 

So my question is, should I request money for the additional guest now and then later request money for the bath, so should I do it together?  Is there a time limit on when I can make these requests?

I am not sure is this is the right place to ask, but it seems like a good place to get started! Many thanks in advance for your repsonses.

3 Replies 3
Ali40
Level 10
Crozet, VA

Do you have a security deposit amount on your listing? If so, to make a claim against it you have to use the resolution center within 14 days of your guest's checkout OR BEFORE your next guests checks in - whichever is earlier. If the guest doesn't agree to pay you can involve Airbnb. If you don't have a security deposit, you can still request money from the guest through the resolution center, if the guest refuses to pay you can involve Airbnb. You can request funds as many times as you need to for different charges. 

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Yvonne129

You are very unlikely to succeed with  a claim if all you have is a ball park figure for repair...AirBnB is a bit more strict than that when it comes to taking money from the guest security deposit.

Ruth425
Level 3
Mogadore, OH

You need to supply photo evidence of damage AND official quotes or receipts. I'm not sure about asking more than once for money, but it seems reasonable.

The only time I have so far claimed from Air BnB, I put an estimate in the amount requested from the guest, and Air BnB went by the total on actual quotes and receipts, which was different from the estimate, but not by much. I'm not sure what happens when your actual total is much higher than the estimate.