Can I break your house rules if I do not have Covid?

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Can I break your house rules if I do not have Covid?

Guest: Hello, I am asking if I can throw a party and it will have liquor and smoking vapes and stuff might be a little more rhen 24 people but they have all been tested negative for corona in the last 3 days I will clean everything for you. I am turning 18.

Me (to myself): I guess I should be thankful that he was upfront with his plans! Or she

This guest is looking to break every single house rule. I have no smoking on the property, no guests and headcount reinforced with a counter, quiet hours and no illegal activity (underage drinking). This all should not be an issue because they are Covid free. Makes total sense if you are a 17 year old.

20 Replies 20
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Inna22  Would you mind sharing your reply?  🙄

@Linda108 do not book my house in all caps. He replied with something like: too bad, I was willing to pay extra and in cash

@Inna22  > “PERFECT!”

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

Does this kid realize that providing a space for a minor to knowing drink liquor is a crime?? What goes through their minds?!

@Emilia42 its fascinating. He did not need to mention that part at all. I wonder if there will be a host desperate enough to rent to him

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

At least, the inquirer it was honest! 😂