Can I edit a public response?

Aaron5
Level 1
Kansas City, MO

Can I edit a public response?

I just realized I posted a public response to a (very happy) guest's review that included information she had put in the PRIVATE response portion. Whoops!

Will Airbnb not let me get in and edit my public response? That seems only fair - it's not like a message thread.

20 Replies 20

Happened to me also. At least give us 5-10 minutes to be editable and perhaps catch a mistake.

AMEN to request for 5-10 minutes to catch an error and edit or delete a "comment" or "review"...  especially when we mistakenly think we are sending a private response and it turns out to be public.

Zach29
Level 2
Salt Lake City, UT

I was able to contact customer service and they were able to delete it for me. It was quick and easy. The whole process took  less than 5 mins. He deleted my unwanted public response right away. Thanks Clare for that contact information.

US customer service number 

1 415-800-5959

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great to hear you managed to get this all sorted @Zach29. Just mentioning in @Clare0 so she sees you kind response. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Aiveen0
Level 2
Ireland

I had the same issue - responded publicy when I thought I was replying privately (so stupidly laid out) and support team told me they couldn't do anything until I asked for a manager - and then they deleted my reply

Shannon35
Level 2
Ham Lake, MN

+1!  This is SUCH an easy mistake to make that I have no idea why they want all of these customer service calls to fix it!  You can't tell when you are responding to a PRIVATE message that your response will in fact be public.  I responded to my guests constructive feedback with ideas I may or may not implement and I don't need anyone holding me to my ideas, LOL!