Can I eject guests for breaking rules?

Can I eject guests for breaking rules?

Hi All,

Can I eject guest straight away for breaking the following rules not to have a party.

The guest also invited significant quantity of people in the party in excess of the maximum allowed quantity of guest in the house?

This is in Sydney, Australia.

Regards,

Jojo

3 Replies 3

@Jonald0 Yes, you can and should break up the party and remove the guests from your property. Be sure to keep a record of the incident in your correspondence via Airbnb, and notify customer service that you had to terminate the booking. It's possible that you'll have to forfeit the rent for th unused nights. 

Wendy117
Level 10
Bexley, Australia

You can also call the police. No more than 10 people allowed in a group in NSW

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jonald0  Yes. Far too many hosts try to contact customer service when a party is going on, while the guests proceed to trash the house. It's your home, and you're in charge. Boot the guests at the first sign of trouble and contact Airbnb when you've gotten the offending guests out. 

It would be different if CS answered the phone and dealt with a situation immediately, but they don't. There is supposed to be a dedicated party hotline, but that appears to have been all PR BS and doesn't actually exist. But even if Airbnb were to contact the guests in the moment and tell them they have to leave, they can't physically enforce that- only the host can.

Make sure you don't put yourself in a dangerous situation, though- call friends or family for back-up and if the guests get belligerent, call the police.