Can I host in my own country?

Can I host in my own country?

Hi,

I would really like to know if it would be possible to list my villa on Airbnb. I live in the Dominican Republic (born and raised), I purchased a beautiful villa in a touristy area and I am looking to list. Only thing is, how will I pay taxes? Who do I report it to? The Dominican Republic does not have such thing like "income taxes" like all of the other countries. I do know Airbnb is an American company, does anyone know how will that work?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3
Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Dannel3 

If you are not a US citizen and you are not renting out property located  inside the US then you have no US tax liability.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Dannel3  You need to consult an accountant in your country. There are plenty of hosts in the Dominican Republic with Airbnb listings.

Airbnb being a US based company has nothing to do with whatever taxes you would need to report and pay in your country.

Thank you for your help.

@Dannel3 wrote:

Hi,

I would really like to know if it would be possible to list my villa on Airbnb. I live in the Dominican Republic (born and raised), I purchased a beautiful villa in a touristy area and I am looking to list. Only thing is, how will I pay taxes? Who do I report it to? The Dominican Republic does not have such thing like "income taxes" like all of the other countries. I do know Airbnb is an American company, does anyone know how will that work? 192.168.l.l routerlogin 192.168.0.1

Thanks in advance.

@Dannel3 wrote:

If you are not a US citizen and you are not renting out property located  inside the US then you have no US tax liability.

@Dannel3 wrote:

You need to consult an accountant in your country. There are plenty of hosts in the Dominican Republic with Airbnb listings.

Airbnb being a US based company has nothing to do with whatever taxes you would need to report and pay in your country.