Can I reset prices to base price?

Fanny1
Level 1
Saint-Mandé, Île-de-France, France

Can I reset prices to base price?

Hello, does anyone know if it is possible (in a simple way) to reset the prices to my base price in the price settings menu, once the prices for some days have been changed ?  If not, it would be a great feature, but how can I suggest it to airbnb ?

Thanks for your help,

Fanny

7 Replies 7
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Great question @Fanny1,

I do not know how you would go about doing this the way you want to.  I find the best way to send in your suggestions is by sending a Direct Message (DM) to @Airbnhelp via Twitter.  They are usually very quick in responding and will forward on your suggestions.  Also, maybe @Lizzie will read this and forward it on.

Cheers

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Henry16
Level 1
New Jersey, United States

This is sorta a workaround that I found works for me:

1. Navigate to the calendar and turn on the "Pricing Settings" sidebar
  2. If Smart Pricing is "On", then turn if off. If it was never on then, turn it on real quick, then turn it off again.
  3. You will notice that the entire calendar reverts back to your base price, however, if you have a different price for weekends, it won't reflect that price
  4. to fix weekend price, go to "Base price", change it to another value, then change it back to the correct base value.

Now the entire month has the correct base price and weekend price (if different). Now just repeat this for each subsequent month. Wish AirBnb would add this as a feature, rather than make use jump through hoops to change it. 

very nice!
not difficult or troublesome at all.
i found i don't have to go to each month, it'll reset everything nicely, as you say.

Hi - This was very helpful, I was able to reset all my base prices, but no matter what I try, my weekend prices won't reflect the weekend pricing.  Any ideas?  Thanks.  

Rich23
Level 1
Rome, Italy

How about resetting availability. 

Same problem as with customised pricing.

I think the trick offered by @Henry16  is no longer possible because i think not possible to open a  "Pricing Settings" sidebar inside calendar and also impossible to turn smart pricing on and off "real quick". Once you turn it on, it will put you through a bunch of confirmations to talk you out of turning it off. 

Today Airbnb support told me there is no reset button. Once you set a custom price in the calendar, those dates become disengaged from base pricing. You have to remember those dates will not change with base price. you have to change them manually from now until eternity, unless you call in and ask Airbnb to reset your pricing. I did that today. 

Multi-billion dollar company and has no reset button. Go figure.

If you know a trick that currently works, please post. 

Matthias363
Level 1
Munich, Germany

I just tried to do this very thing: reset custom prices to base price. And I find there is no way to do this, unreal.