Can a cancelled reservation that stayed mid way write a review???

Darlene2
Level 1
Tulum, Mexico

Can a cancelled reservation that stayed mid way write a review???

I had two great guests that loved my place and we they had an amazing time.  They unfortunately had to cancel mid way through because there dog became very ill and was taking seizures.  I am refunding them for the nights, they could not stay and had them cancel so I could try to rent the room and make up some of the money I was paying them back, I live in a very touristic place so renting is easy...They really want to leave a positive review, as they had an amazing experience, but their dogs illness requied they rush home.  Is there a way they can write me a review?  Please let me know...So far 100 % positive reviews and I want to keep it that way. 

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2
Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10
Union City, NJ

Did they actually cancel the booking totally, so that the refund given was for 100%, or did they alter the booking to make the checkout date earlier?  If they canceled, then it's considered that they didn't stay there and they can't write a review.  If they stayed and just altered the booking to leave earlier, then they will have actually 'stayed' by Airbnb standards, and they'll automatically receive an email asking them to review the listing.  You should also look in your dashboard to see if you have the option to review them.  If you can review them, then they can review you. 

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi Darlene,

I know the guest lost the opportunity to review you BUT I would see if you could get the guests email. You could then go and enter her email into the "references" section and then she could provide a reference which would help.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host