Can an Online Community Manager in South Africa please help me ?

Nicole544
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Can an Online Community Manager in South Africa please help me ?

All my calendars for 3 properties (which are my sole income) have been blocked by Airbnb within the last week it seems. There is a pending investigation on a past booking which I understood to be resolved. I do not know what the current investigation is about and Airbnb is not helping or giving info. I have asked and pleaded with them repeatedly for info but no luck. As this is my SOLE income I am in extreme dire straits.

Can anyone help as to what is happening, how long it will take to resolve and how I can help resolve this asap ? I am a Superhost and am with Airbnb for the past 6 years. I currently host existing bookings and guest so not allowing me to host more seems to make little sense. My first ever problem like this and I am going crazy. I have apologized to Airbnb and not sure what else to do.

Can an Online Community Manager help me ?

Regards

Nicole

4 Replies 4
Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Nicole544,

I'm really sorry to hear about what you're going through.

I checked on your case and the investigation is still ongoing. The team is working on it and they should be getting in touch with you soon.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Liv

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Nicole544 

I tried to look at your profile and listings, but your account is not visible.

Did Airbnb suspend your account or do you own another account ?:

https://www.airbnb.com/users/show/19677902 

Do you really have no idea about the reason for investigation ?

Think about:

- problems with a recent booking / guest

- complaining neighbours

- violations of local laws (like restrictions) or rules (like not mentioned security camera's )

- Payments not via website

- cleaning , technical or safety issues with the accommodation

etc...

added: i just see you got a respons from a community admin, hope your problem will be solved soon !

Nomsa0
Level 2
South Africa

I am curious to know what the investigation is about 

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Nomsa0for privacy reasons airbnb will never reveal what caused the investigation. You can assume an issue has been reported.