Can confirmed guests view snoozed listing?

Nicole171
Level 2
Colorado, United States

Can confirmed guests view snoozed listing?

Hi all,

if I ‘snooze’ my listing for the next few weeks, can confirmed guests (coming next week) access the listing online? I don’t want them to freak out due to it ‘disappearing’.

i was under impression that confirmed guests can access it, but a general search would not.

Thanks for any help!

best-

Nicole

12 Replies 12
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Nicole171 No one will be able to view it. You could message all your guests, letting them know it won't be visible, but that their bookings are still valid, and to message you if they have any questions. Or, you could just block out the dates you don't want booked.

@Nicole171  It's important that your guests be able to refer back to your listing to be sure they arrive with accurate expectations. Most people don't have a photographic memory of your amenities list and descriptions, and a visible listing is your best defense against against a complaint that something was missing when you hadn't offered it in the first place.

Instead of snoozing the listing, I'd recommend that you set your calendar to block all unbooked dates by default, so your listing is still visible but no new inquiries or requests will be coming in.

Sally221
Level 10
Berkeley, CA

Oooh, Andrew, that's a function I'd like to use! I accidentally left a few dates open whilst blocking my calendar & someone inquired (beats me why they thought it would be a good idea at present) & I had to tell them no, it was my mistake the dates were open.  I find the weekly calendar a huge hassle , wish the monthly version would return! Would you find it in your heart to explain how one can set the default?  I am snoozed at present as Berkeley is going to charge $$ per listing otherwise but have a fantasy of being around next May, if we actually do get to herd immunity. (Okay, Fall 2022 is more likely, alas) XO Sally

@Sally221  goto Calendar > Availability Settings > Reservation Preferences (edit) = "Dates unavailable by default." 

@Sally221 You can still get to the monthly calendar. Either as Mike and Jane mentioned, or by going to your edit listing page and clicking on Calendar on the upper right.

Absolutely absurd that they changed the calendar view without making how to call up the monthly option clear on how to access.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sally221 Not wishing to boast but we still have the monthly calendar here in the UK. Are you sure it doesn't appear if you click on the listing name to the left of the weekly calendar?

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Hi, @Nicole171 . I assume you are snoozing the listing because you will be unavailable for contact for a few weeks? I did that back in the pre-pandemic days when a person could travel. Snoozing is the right thing to do in that case. I contacted all booked guests to let them know all was well, etc.

Confirmed guests cannot access the listing, but they can access their itineraries, where the trip still shows as upcoming.

Nicole171
Level 2
Colorado, United States

Hi, thanks everyone. I wanted to snooze the listing to stay under the radar, actually, for a while, but I don’t want guests not to be able to view the listing as needed before they arrive. Thanks for the info!! 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Nicole171 Blocking dates will put you under the radar as you will not show up in most searches.

@Mike-And-Jane0  What blocking dates can't do is conceal a listing from the public record when it's not compliant with local laws, HOA restrictions, or lease agreements. I hope none of those things are the reason @Nicole171  needs to go "under the radar," because in that case I think the better advice would be to cancel the upcoming bookings and de-list.

Nicole171
Level 2
Colorado, United States

Thanks everyone, got the info I needed! Best regards!

Sally221
Level 10
Berkeley, CA

As Andrew said & I found out for myself, one has to de-list (which I did for now as I can't see, being in home host,  spending several hundred $ on being compliant for 2021. Not at the vaccine rate so far, sigh.On another note, we had a slight plumbing disaster that caused us to flee to a local airbnb- I was very grateful to Izzy of Oakland for taking a last minute 1 night booking from a local (I gave her my reason for booking in a message to allay the red flag warning) I was pleased and surprised to find an explanation of what the stars ratings mean right under the stars when I reviewed her-5 ***** of course! That's a step in the right direction for sure. I do wish there was a not applicable box to tick in the deeper dive part of the rating, she didn't promise a pool & I didn't want one either-a lovely shower, decent beds and most important, a working potty! And shout out for  Arthur Clark plumbing in the 510!