Can't Edit "The Space" Long Description box. "Something went wrong" message when trying to save changes???

Christina957
Level 2
Babylon, NY

Can't Edit "The Space" Long Description box. "Something went wrong" message when trying to save changes???

I have been trying for weeks now to edit the long description under 'The Space'. When I make my edits and click 'save', a red line pops up around the text field and at the bottom it says "Something went wrong, please try again." Doesn't even give a reason why! That's all it says and then nothing saves.

I have had this happen before, gave it some time and tried again and it somehow resolved itself so I never thought much of it again until now that I want to add some extra details and it's happening again...this time it's been probably about a month that I've been trying now. This is quite frustrating! How do I add to 'The Space' description box ?? Or I would at least like to know what COULD be going wrong and why it's not saving ???

I have tried in both Chrome and Safari. Both through the host account and co-host account and same results. It won't save. Please help!

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Christina957 

Did you include items in the text which are not allowed, like an URL, phonenumber etc ?

Or does text it exceed the maximum length  ?

Nope. Just adding parking info & community rules ....
I mean, there is a lot of text already but it doesn't say anything regarding if I'm over or by how much.

I had maybe suspected that but even if I delete a full paragraph and replace with just a sentence (clearly trying to save less than what was there before), I get the same thing. So I can't see how it can be that either (unless my long description is grandfathered in from before they changed a limit or something). 

Plus, this is the long description part under 'the space'. The regular description shows me "x/500" under the text box showing the character limit. But this description box under "The Space" does not have this or anything pertaining to a limit for this box.

Christina957
Level 2
Babylon, NY

***UPDATE***FIXED!***

OK so upon once again sitting down to figure this out with nothing working (even did a hard reset cache & cookie clear out) I still couldn't get it to work....UNTIL....I decided to check if there was any hidden unicode or special characters in my text. Found a free generator to check this and sure enough, there were some completely hidden unicode elements!! It was probably there from when I copy/pasted some parts of the description from whatever program I was typing in. Completely invisible unless doing this back-end generator check. So...

SOLUTION: Check for hidden unicode and special characters! I used the text magic website to do the checking. Wherever you see a red box is where you need to delete and fix in your text. 

FINALLY! Fixed and updated my description! Hopefully this experience will help someone else.