Can’t Trust the Trust & Safety Team

Jeremy193
Level 4
Afton, VA

Can’t Trust the Trust & Safety Team

Since our community is based on trust and transparency, the really needs to be a more fair and transparent way to deal with internal safety team.

Four years of being a super host and I guess count exceeding 4000 people and the only issues I’ve ever had are with this covert team of rogue sadists.

**[Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Seriously, you guys can do better than this. I’ll have in excess of $150k in bookings this year with amazing reviews and this is strategy for retaining good hosts? I would actually love to be part of the solution and addressing this.

Please let me know if I can help... Send me I’m not kicked off for doing something wrong that nobody knows what it is.

67 Replies 67
Maia29
Level 10
Anchorage, AK

I was just being facetious about the customer service reps. They are actually pretty rude in the call center outside of the US. If you speak to someone in the US, you are more likely to get the issue resolved.

@Maia29  That's the trouble with online communication- people often miss the total sarcasm and think you're being serious. Hence emojis and smiley faces 🙂 

I got it right away- it was the "Twinkle Y" that tipped me off- I actually laughed out loud.

@Sarah977  That was actually my "health & safety" representative's so-called name; no joke! I thought it was a joke that she named herself Twinkle Y! She's actually really rude and button happy.

I recommend that ALL communication to Airbnb, especially through the overseas call center be documented thoroughly.

@Maia29  Too funny. I thought you made that up. Obviously most, if not all of their CS names are made up. I just can't believe there's that many Filipinos with names like they come up with. But Twinkle Y has to take the prize.

Mary116
Level 3
Austin, TX

I’m a fellow long term superhost (22 terms) who has hosted 5500+ groups and had a similar experience last week. It was very baffling and deeply upsetting. Sorry you also had this happen. Thank you for posting glad I’m not the only one. 

David4245
Level 3
Los Angeles, CA

Wow,

Its scary seeing things like this! As Superhosts, or just plain hosts, we open our doors in good faith to guests who need a place to stay. These are our homes, not hotel rooms! We strive to keep safety at the for-front and at least for me, when I see a potential hazard I jump on it and eliminate it. But to be told not to do what you don;t know what you did seems creepy and a bit counter-productive especially if it is a safety matter that is of concern. Safety is vital and not something to be vague about, so if you think there is a safety hazard in a home, don't send people there until the host knows what the hazard is so it can be fixed! Otherwise, they are more liable than you in my view. This just sounds strange and gives me a bit of the creeps! 

Yea, I always get threaten that if i disagree with their arrangement, I will lose my super-host and to be honest. until now i have no idea where or how to make any formal complain against their support agent/manager.

I tried calling them and after much talking, she claimed that she will submit this complain to their Q and A department to further investigate and then when i asked if they are going to contact me to update or gave ma final verdict, she reply that it is likely that there will be no update given to me. Maybe no complain were even documented.

How can someone fix something when you dont know that it  is broken 

That’s sad and weird... like 🤷🏽‍♂️

That was Hilarious 😂🤣

Elvan5
Level 2
London, GB

I am not surprised hearing this at all, similar thing happened to me as well. I have been with Airbnb for more than 5 years. I have got blamed of discriminating a guest on basis of their country /nationality. Just because I cancelled a reservation 10 days in advance. Before the cancellation I telephoned Airbnb I talked about my concern and reason for my cancellation. And ask them if it is ok to cancel. I had a go ahead to cancel. Few hours later I had this random email from Airbnb agent almost calling me a racist!

Helen @744. I am sorry that happened to you . Some people are a bit trigger happy with their assumptions. They better have evidence H.

Maia29
Level 10
Anchorage, AK

I must remind new hosts that most guests are wonderful. 

As a host, i personally feel that the call centers overseas don’t have the necessary communication tools to deal with a US-based host. 

Yes, these call centers are proficient in English.

However, it’s blantantly obvious that these customer service representatives outside of the US base their responses on pre-written  scripts. 

Kira32
Level 10
Canary Islands, Spain

I know who it was........ a guest within a guest within a guest whom you know nothing about...….Maybe Airbnb should make a movie...... I like their fiction way of thinking.

Like if you vote for a fiction movie!!! 😉

movie title?:

"Can’t Trust the creepy trust"

"Fantom of the freaky trust"

"Creeps don't trust"

" I know what you did to my imaginary guest"

"Playing with fire"The invincible guest part 1

Please don't hesitate to brainstorm Im open for business 

@Kira32 

"Kafka Found Alive, Writing Policy for Airbnb!"

"What's Kafkaesque is when you enter a surreal world in which all your control patterns, all your plans, the whole way in which you have configured your own behavior, begins to fall to pieces, when you find yourself against a force that does not lend itself to the way you perceive the world."

quote from Noah Tavlin, Youtube