Can’t Trust the Trust & Safety Team

Jeremy193
Level 4
Afton, VA

Can’t Trust the Trust & Safety Team

Since our community is based on trust and transparency, the really needs to be a more fair and transparent way to deal with internal safety team.

Four years of being a super host and I guess count exceeding 4000 people and the only issues I’ve ever had are with this covert team of rogue sadists.

**[Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Seriously, you guys can do better than this. I’ll have in excess of $150k in bookings this year with amazing reviews and this is strategy for retaining good hosts? I would actually love to be part of the solution and addressing this.

Please let me know if I can help... Send me I’m not kicked off for doing something wrong that nobody knows what it is.

67 Replies 67
Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Sarah977 @Mary4168 

Confess!

To what?

You know. Don’t take me for a fool. We know what you did. Even if you didn’t do it, you would have if you could have.

OK. I confess. 

I don’t think you’re sincere. CONFESS! If you admit your guilt now you will only be flogged.

Are you people insane?

That’s it! Blasphemy! You will be excommunicated, then torn asunder by wild horses!

Sigh. Could you unblock my calendar now?

@Mary4168

This is happening to me as well.  I had a nightmare guest who didn't like the area the house was in, which is not grounds for a refund but I offered to refund all but the check-in day of her stay to be nice / understanding.  She then proceeded to try to paint everything about the stay as a safety hazard because she wanted the 1st day refunded as well, removing TVs and moving everything around in the house.  Luckily I have a smart home, so many of her claims (like the power not working and the locks not working) I was able to prove false.  Regardless, after she refused to cancel the stay I told her I would no longer be refunding her.  She then retaliated by claiming my house has cameras on the inside (it has cameras, but all on the exterior.  They are ring flood light cameras to monitor the yards and gate, and a ring doorbell camera).  Airbnb immediately suspended my account, refunded her money, and has refused to call me or discuss the situation at all.  I, on my own, sent them my camera feed screenshots for all of my listings so they can see all of them are on the exterior of the home, and I even gave them my ring account login and told them they could search the property in question if they wanted.  I'm out of city but offered to give them my security code.  But they still have not lifted the suspension and it's been 2 days now.  It is ridiculous.  I'm losing money every day.  I employ maids who cannot work while this is going on.  They refuse to tell me when this will be resolved and they have now allowed a guest who pathologically and repeatedly lied to a level I have never encountered in my 7 years of hosting, to destroy my superhost status, stall my entire business, and get refunded for their stay.  I'm livid.

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

Helen @744 . This issue is caused by the fact that we do not have enough identification on our guests . I would in future ring the police and at least get her name and address  on record and  ask police to take your charge against her. Airbnb are not the law They do not know the law and they are just trying to smooth over guests by making them go away with your money in their pocket also maybe she was intending to steal the tvs., she sounds like a big lot of trouble . Airbnb are agency that arranges bookings and nothing else. They have overreached and really do not know anything about your listing or her behaviour. 

This is scaring this newbie🤨

@Nancy-Carol0 Don't be scared. only the tiny fraction of issues come to this forum. The vast majority of good stays never get mentioned.

Susan612
Level 8
United States

Have any of you heard of Christopher Elliot the consumer advocate? Google him. If you share your story perhaps he and his team will take the case.

Kevin-and-Joe0
Level 2
San Diego, CA

This team is terrible, I've been a super host for 7 years, I reported a guest on my property doing drugs and shared a surveillance photo of us outside the garage ,This  terrible team actually locked my listing and told me I didn't show it The details of the camera, my listing has been online for 2 years, we showed all the details, and they replied to me because I reported the guests, so, blocked my listing, this is so ridiculous! Everytimes communication with Airbnb's customer service is painful, I don't know if they care that you are a super host

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Kevin-and-Joe0 ,

Although the team will be actively looking into your situation, and get back to you soon; I am also raising this to the concerned teams from my end, if they can reach out to you for further updates.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Casa927
Level 2
Setúbal Municipality, Portugal

Please help me!

My situation is still not solved:

======

I have the same issue right now. They sended me today an email that there was a safety issue with one reservation (reservation and guest name NOT mentioned). And because of that they suspended ALL my 6 listings, without any explanation or proof. I have responded immediately on their email, no response until now. I have called Airbnb general line 8 times, No support at all. Just saying please be patient someone will contact you. Now 12 hours further an nobody is contacting me. I'm a host for 8 years and I never had this situation. Also, none of my recent guest contacted me about an issue or wrote a negative review, Nothing! Now out of nowhere Airbnb suspend all my listings with one click without contacting me. This is insane! Please someone here take a look at my account because this Safety team is not responding and the general line cannot do anything.

This just happen to me and I been on the phone for 16 hours and no one will call me back. I am losing money every hour that I am lock out. I am ready to leave Airbnb and never come back. 

Not encouraging to  this newbie😞

They locked my listing for a guest reporting a wiring issue 3 weeks after checking out -- only when she couldn't remove my bad review for her breaking into my owners closet and taking supplies. The safety team has been ignoring me for the last week and wont respond to calls or messages. They said since its been 3 weeks it is low priority to them.

I'm giving up hope.

@Laura6091 Unless you had two listings you are OK and your listing is available to be seen and to book.

i made a new listing. I think the safety team is ignoring me.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Laura6091 and Welcome to our Community Center.

Just wanted to check in and clarify - is your listing still suspended? If it is, I can pass on your situation to the appropriate team.

Paula

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad