Can't clear custom trip length settings

Doug847
Level 1
Framingham, MA

Can't clear custom trip length settings

Hi, I'm a new host and initially set up my Airbnb listing for a minimum 2 night trip length for most of the year, but set a custom trip length of 7 days from June through August. I decided to reduce the custom trip length over the summer to 6 nights but the change doesn't seem to have taken effect - if I do a search over that time frame, the listing only shows up if I search for a minimum of 7 nights, but won't show up after 6 nights. I tried deleting the custom trip length for the summer altogether and waited for a day before checking again (to make sure the change propagated through the system), but no luck. I'm at a loss about what else to try - this seems like an Airbnb bug. Any idea how to fix this?

6 Replies 6
John5097
Level 10
Charleston, SC

@Doug847 You might try clicking/highlighting on the dates in the Calendar. I recall there was an option to edit the custom setting there, including a clear custom settings. My guess is that the two custom settings might be visible there, so the 7 night one would override the 6 night one.  Maybe someone else has more experience, as I've only used it twice.  Its not unusual for there to bugs.  

Aude6
Level 2
Brussels, Belgium

I have similar problems and the arbitrary 'Custom trip lengths' seems to over-rule both the standard availability settings and any specific rules introduced manually via the calendar page.... any ideas or advise on how to solve this very annoying problem?

Toby142
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I am finding it impossible to clear settings and impossible to get any sensible or even concerned response from airbnb

Bump - Having same issue, no way to edit trip length! 

Josh1179
Level 1
Wake Forest, NC

Same here, cannot edit, this is ridiculous!

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Josh1179  @Ernest530 

Use rulesets to set custom trip lengths. They allways overrule any settings created elsewhere and are more easy to manage. But "professional tools" must be activated in your account to use rulesets