Can you change the check out time on a current listing?

Robert4792
Level 2
Box Elder, SD

Can you change the check out time on a current listing?

Hello:

We are staying in an AirBNB and the checkout time changed after the reservation was made, and I think in the last 2 days of our stay from 11AM to 10AM. Is this possible to do in the hosts side of the progam/website? Curious because if I had not checked we would have been overstaying.

I respect the need to deep clean the unit after each guest right now.

We had some other issues with this host including asking us to tip him 20% of the agreed upon rate on the side because he underpriced us. Airbnb customer support said asking for tips is ok because they are optional.

17 Replies 17
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Robert4792 Whether legal or not, a host that resorts to such 'nickel & diming' moves after the fact is not very bright and would come across to me as very 'small minded'. A definite turn off by any stretch of the imagination.

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Robert4792 

Thanks for posting an update. I think your review of the host was fair.

As far as the price jumps you mentioned, if you search without dates, Airbnb will list the LOWEST price available per night for the listing in the preview, then when you enter dates, the actual price per night will be shown. For those of us who are not shady, that price won't be too much higher. My nightly rate only fluctuates $5-20 depending on demand. But that is automatically calculated, we don't change it just because we get an inquiry.

But some hosts will pick a random hidden date somewhere way in the future and list it for a ridiculously low price just to show up cheaper. I think it's shady and hopefully guests see through it. For example, there's a beach condo here that hides a single night at $45, but every other night available is $145! So that place looks like such a bargain until you enter your dates. And finding that $45 night is like finding a needle in a haystack....

Thank you Suzanne.

I wanted to come back and say thanks for all your help.