Can you change the minimum number of guests for a particular date?

James167
Level 2
Australia

Can you change the minimum number of guests for a particular date?

Hi

I know in the each listing you can go - availability - trip length, edit - another requirement. 

Here you can change the minimum length of the trip, however, I would like to change the minimum about of guests to is this possible? 

Thanks 

James

9 Replies 9
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @James167. Such a setting does not exist, I'm afraid.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @James167,

It is great to see you have an idea for an enhancement. I am not sure if you no about this, we have an Ideas Board here in the Community Center called Host Voice. You could share there and the most popular ideas selected by the community, will be sent over to the Airbnb Product Team to look into. 

Are there any other hosts who think this would be a useful feature to you?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Lisa658
Level 10
Hervey Bay, Australia

@Lizzie

This would be extremely helpful.  There are many hosts who like to have a flexible cancellation policy but I am guessing many would prefer certain dates like Christmas or New Year don't have the option to cancel the day before arrival.  It is a peak earning period and many people have plans that would be disrupted by a last minute change.  It would be favourable to hosts and guests to have the option to cater to different requirements during certain blocks of time.  I believe some hosts set their cancellation policy to strict until they have certain dates booked and then switch back to moderate or flexible.

As for minimum number of guests, we do not list on AirBnB for peak dates for this very reason.  During high demand dates, we set occupancy numbers to the maximum and just list on sites that have this capability.  If we just had one listing I would make a duplicate but with more than 2 listings it just becomes too much work.

These would be great features to suggest!  Lisa

@Lizzie  Yes. For example, there is a big event in my town and my listing has 6 beds. People are desperate to find accommodation. My listing is already booked for just two people. Since they get the entire house, the rest of the beds will be empty. I could have entered the minimum guest numbers for the dates of this event.

Yes I would find this very helpful too

Thomas-and-Sheila0
Level 2
Bantry, Ireland

You can set a minimum number of guests in a roundabout fashion. Go to your pricing settings and then Extra charges > Extra guests > For each guest after... You can set the "For each guest after" to whatever you wish.  eg. I have a house with two bedrooms; one double and one twin. I have my min. guests set at two. I have got the occasional booking for a single person but they still pay for two pax.

Hi Thomas & Sheila - Thank you for posting this - I'm really interested in acheiving the same outcome here but I didn't quite understand your explanation. "I have my min. guests set at two" - where is this setting please?

Lisa658
Level 10
Hervey Bay, Australia

@James167

If you are thinking about doing this for a number of blocks of dates throughout the year like school holidays or events or a peak season, it may be worth setting up a duplicate listing.  You would block dates on the listing that is priced for 2 with the additional fee for extra guests and open them on the second listing with your different requirements.  You could even have a different cancellation policy for the peak dates.  Your reviews will still wind up on your profile but will be under 2 different listings.  You could use the multi calendar function to quickly check that your availability is set up correctly.  If you are just talking about a couple of dates here and there then this would likely not be feasable!

Lisa