Cancelation of approved stay

Natalia96
Level 2
Berlin, Germany

Cancelation of approved stay

Hi there,

I have this person staying at my place for 5 nights from next week onwards (13th June) and I just realised she didn't upload her government ID. As she also has no reviews (although she has been a member since 2016) I am anxious to rent the flat out to her. I asked her politely to upload her government ID by Friday but if she doesn't I'd like to cancel this booking. This I haven't told her yet (will do today). If I do cancel on her, I will send her suggestions of other places. Is that all ok? Or are there some consequences?

Thanks, Natalia

3 Replies 3
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Natalia96 Try not to cancel her request or you will be buried among many other listings and it will be hard for you to get other reservation as the visibility of your listing will reduce. Ask her to take a photo of her ID and send it to you via email after she does the reservation. Dont worry i am sure everything will be alright. Good luck!!!

Thank you Oomesh, that's very helpful! I'll give it a go! Natalia

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Natalia96

Here's a past forum thread on a similar aspect - it also has a post with some important links incl. the ramifications of host cancellation.

Guest no ID and cancellation

With cancellation it's always advised to do so with help of Airbnb helpdesk!

They've said so themselves when I talked to them.

In above thread find the link for newbie hosts that on incl. one on how to contact Airbnb and speed dial it for yourself on your phone, and bookmark the post for future reference!