Cancelation of booking

Maria901
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Cancelation of booking

Hi there,

Back in February I accepted a booking for a couple of days in July in my apartment but today I have been asked by another party for a booking for the whole month!! I am totally aware that this sounds very greedy from my part but it is a huge difference in the money earned and unf I can not ignore it.  Can anybody tell me if I'd have to pay penalties if I cancel my original July booking? If so, how much? My policy is strict. Thank you! 

6 Replies 6
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Maria901

You will be penalised in a number of ways: a financial penalty against your next booking, your calendar will be blocked so that your month long guest won't be able to book those days anyway, and a note published on your reviews that you cancelled on a guest. Plus, you will be barred from being a Superhost for 1 year. The guest will get all their money back if you cancel - but is it really worth doing so. Sound like you are focused on the short term rather than what this could do to future bookings when potential guests see a cancellation on your reviews.

Thank you Gerry.

Do the guests pay airbnb shortly after they make the booking then? What happen if the guest cancels, do I loose a fraction of the money? 

@Maria901 Guests pay immediately at the time of booking - so the money is already out of their account at this point.  If the guest cancels, they will be held to your Cancellation Policy (which I see is Strict).

Thank you so much Gerry, much apprciated

David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

I also hope you consider how this impacts the guest as well. A moral dilemma and I hope you do the right thing (by the guest) 

Certainly David. Totally new to this, I am considering my options but I wont ruin my guests holidays. Thank you for your message.