Cancellation Policy Not Fair for Homeowners

Amanda1
Level 2
Woodinville, WA

Cancellation Policy Not Fair for Homeowners

Does anyone have any insights into why AriBnB is adopting draconian and potentially humiliating procedures to penalize hosts who may have to cancel a reservation?  For starters, I've cancelled maybe one reservation and I'm a super host, so I am dedicated to providing a quality experience for my guests. However, I'm mystified as to why it's suddenly essential to post a review on a host's profile that says a host cancelled a reservation.  For what purpose?  Cancelling a reservation can include many complicated considerations, and our only option as a host is to post a public rebuttal?  Really?! If my mother died or I had a car accident and was unable to host, I have to justify myself in public on AirBnB? What about guests who cancel with no reason and do so with impunity?  Do THEY get a reiew posted automatically on their profile?  I just removed the Instant book feature from my listing and changed my cancellation policy as a result of this change.  This isn't transparency.  It's ridiculous.

1 Reply 1
Maryam-Al-Fakheer0
Level 10
Ma'an Governorate, Jordan

I believe that the cancellation policy has recently been changed for Instant Bookings and deleting a booking won't be penalized anymore.