Cancellation of a booking already in progress

Heather281
Level 1
Cobourg, Canada

Cancellation of a booking already in progress

Hi there! 

Has anyone had to ask a guest to leave part way through their stay for not observing house rules? 

I currently have 4 guests staying in my apartment (2 couples), and they are extremely loud, inconsiderate, and dismissive of my concerns.  Before their booking, they contacted me about certain house rules (i.e. quiet time in the evening) and asked questions regarding the use of a BBQ and check-in flexibility.  I answered all of their questions honestly and openly and they chose to go ahead and book.  They are now ignoring my responses to those questions and partying until 1 am, bought their own BBQ with them even though I explained we did not have one here for quests to use due to safety, and seem to show no signs of changing their attitude this evening.  I am really disappointed that guests are behaving in this way after our first very successful year running a rental, with no concerns at all.  My husband and I, with our 1.5-year-old live in the apartment below them (which they knew before booking) and have now not had any sleep for 2 nights.  What would you do in my situation? 

Thanks! 

Heather 

3 Replies 3
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

Call Airbnb and have them rehoused.

Heather281
Level 1
Cobourg, Canada

How does that work? It is 8 pm here already, they check out tomorrow.  I just don't want to have to go up there and confront them.  I don't know if I should just accept it for tonight or try to take action.  

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

Yes, @Heather281 at this point it's late to have them rehoused, so probably you're left with another bad night-- though you're certainly within your rights to remind them of your rules and ask them to comply. Please review them according to their behavior. In future, call Airbnb as soon as a guest breaks your rules and ask them to be removed. Airbnb will (or at least should) handle it.