Cancellation

Cancellation

Dear all,

I am very new to the hosting community. Due bad weather, my first guest flight got cancelled. She though she could catch a different flight but all flight go cnaclled hence there was a no show for two day. I have requested her to cancel the booking to avoinf further deductions. She however wants to get a full refund of her money and has asked me to issue the cancellation. I know this will affect my hosting standard. Has anyone faced this issue before and how did you handle it? thank you 

7 Replies 7
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Rita263 It’s not your job to cancel, so definitely don’t. The guest can initiate the cancellation and request a full refund from you, which you can oblige or deny.

Thank you Cynthia. 

what if she makes changes to the booking and shortens the stay. Her inital reservatin was 30nights is now being changed to 3nights. Do i get any penalties for the accepting that 

@Rita263 No penalties for this, but you’ll be stuck refunding the remainder of the stay automatically. Seems an ok compromise. 

@Cynthia-and-Chris1 thanks so much for the feedback. The booking has been cancelled. 

Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

@Rita263, if all flghts were cancelled, she may get a full refund for extenuating circumstances. There is nothing you can do about it. A missed flight would not qualify, but if there is no flight at all, it probably will. 

If the guest is willng, I would propose to alter the stay, so it starts a day later. If she accepts it, you loose a day, but don’t lose the whole stay. 

If she calls airbnb and does not want to come with a later flight, the stay is cancelled at a lss for you, but you may get another booking for the rest. 

@Helga0 thanks for the feedback. The booking has finally been cancelled.