Cancellation

Elif10
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Cancellation

With a good 20-30 listings I have dealth with A LOT of guests. I purposely get my cleaner's to take photo's of the cleaned property and airBNB STILL goes ahead and cancels a £1k reservation on MY behalf due to 'cleaning issue' WITHOUT any proof sent from guests. They do not call me immiedietely and I'm about to lose my head as I've had a million similar issues where reservation's are lost due to guests own interests

5 Replies 5
Aogán0
Level 7
London, United Kingdom

I'm sorry to say Airbnb is heavily biased towards guests, as the frequent threads on here from hosts complaining about how they've been treated demonstrate. Until the number of hosts drops significantly, I doubt they'll do much to redress the balance....

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

You actually have 36 listings....

David
Rachael26
Level 10
Murphy, NC

Let's be realistic about this - all hosts should be responsible for the condition of their listed property - not a cleaner. Either check the place yourself, or employ a site manager or someone with the ability to overview the property to ensure high standards are being met.

Most guests do not book a property just to try to get a refund later by 'pretending' there is a cleaning issue, so I would have to say that the number of guests complaining should tell you (and Airbnb) something.  Harsh - but the same applies to all of us hosts.

Perhaps another booking site would be more tolerant.

Kathie21
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Photos are little use for checking that a place is clean - unless it's excessive, dirt doesn't really show in photos, only tidiness.

JuanCamilo7
Level 2
Bogotá, Colombia

hellow there,

I just recived a message in wich aribnb tells me that the guest caceled, there fore it says they will give me the amount of the penalization 24 hours after my guest arrives, it dosnt make sense, could some one help me out with some information