Cancellation

Cancellation

A guest after booking said that her account was hacked and asked me to cancel on her behalf. Because it was short notice I face penalties!

It is not fair 

4 Replies 4
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/990/host-penalties-for-cancelling-reservations

Not because it was short notice @Isabelle1793 .

Refer to the help article on cancellation penalties. Do familiarize yourself with all the help center info so you avoid making any further mistakes. You can try contacting Airbnb to explain, and ask them to remove the penalties. They can refer to the message stream with the guest for confirmation that it was the guest who wanted to cancel. 

How to I join someone at Airbnb? 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Isabelle1793  A guest's account getting hacked is none of a host's affair. That's for a guest to work out with Airbnb. Nor do you have any way of knowing if that is true- she was probably lying in order to get you to cancel so she wouldn't lose money if she cancelled. 

If a guest wants to cancel, they need to cancel from their end. Reasons for a host to cancel are only if a host is unable to fulfill the booking for some reason. The host got sick or injured, the unit got flooded or is otherwise uninhabitable, etc.

Maybe Airbnb will lift the penalties if you plead ignorance and explain, as Colleen suggested.

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Isabelle1793 I'm sorry to hear about this. Have you been in touch with CS yet like @Colleen253 suggested? If not, you can find more info on how to contact them here. Let us know how it goes!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen