Cancellations on Busy Times

Cancellations on Busy Times

Hi folks,

I just got a cancellation for a festival weekend.

It would be nice if there was an extreme cancellation policy for certain days. I list my place early in the year for SXSW.  I had a guy book it quite a while back , keeping it off the market for this whole time.  He just cancelled.  SXSW is still quite a while off but still it's a shame to keep it unavailable for so long.  I'm glad he did it now. He could have waited until 14 days out and still got a 100% refund leaving me super high and dry. 

Perhaps it should be an option to put certain days on the calendar as non-refundable or at least 50% refundable from the day of booking. 

Festivals are big money makers and some people just book way in advance on the chance they may be able to make the trip. When they decide not to come (14 days out) they cancel and you're out of luck. 

2 Replies 2
Maia29
Level 10
Anchorage, AK

@Steve-and-Monica1  That's an excellent suggestion!

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

Yes, but the whole town will book out and some desperate soul will want the room. 14 days is plenty time to rebook sxsw. 

and yes some variety on lots of things would be nice: cancellation policy, extra guest charge, deposit, etc etc