Cancelled reservation & dates blocked

Sandra74
Level 1
Montreal, Canada

Cancelled reservation & dates blocked

Hi, 

I had to cancel a reservation and now the dates are blocked in my calendar. 

I had to cancel it because initially it was not available and for some reason the dates unblocked themselves. But now I would like to resell these dates but the dates are blocked. 

How can I make these dates available again?

Thank you, 

Sandra

22 Replies 22

I cant find any toll free number on the intinery to call airbnb?   

Andy451
Level 2
Chichester, GB

This seems Draconion! I set up my listing last night with a set base price and before I had fully understood the process someone booked instantly a very popular weekend before we could set higher prices for the period. I cancelled the booking but noe the date is blocked. I'm already not liking this platform. Power-freaks. I will try to unblock but it looks like I will be listing on another platform at this rate. Any advice to unblock this date would be good. These sites (eBay and others are the same) have no contact numbers - they rely on the users doing the comms.

@Andy451 I suggest you maybe read about the basic before you start a business!

Yeah, it's a bit like slipping the handbrake off a car parked on a hill when you have never been taught to drive. I also am trying to work out what you do if you have more than one room? Although I listed 2 rooms I only have one calendar popped up. Others seem to have listed their property more than once - is that to get a seperate calender for each room? Otherwise you would need to book both rooms at once. Also pricing would have to be for two rooms not one. Thanks!

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Andy451 as a new host who has just listed you could get in touch with Airbnb CS and explain what happened and see if they can help you out with this one.

You can always snooze your listing whilst you get it correctly set up and the creases ironed out before you go live to guests- seasoned guests know how to snap up a bargain, and new hosts have increased visibility and placement in search.

If Airbnb can't help you out with unblocking the dates, then you could list them on another site.

Have you had a look at the "help" discussion room- all the contact details are listed there in a post halfway down the board I believe.

Best wishes

Paul 🙂

Hi Paul - have snoozed it thx. I will get in touch but as you say may have to list elsewhere. Airbnb does seem to be quite strict - it's like working for someone! My sister has used Airbnb and she has fallen foul of their totalitarian regime a few times. I will persevere for now! 

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Andy451 at least you have being a new host on your side for dealing with this situation, hopefully it'll be fine.

Well done for snoozing, yes being a host is pretty much like being an Airbnb franchisee- so make sure to understand all of the rules and regs before you get going fully :))