Cancelled reservation reviews

Laura987
Level 2
Richmond, VA

Cancelled reservation reviews

I had a guest book a night for 1 guest.  He showed up with a 2nd guest unannouced...which wasn't a huge deal.  Once they arrived, they had their music blasting in the bedroom and smelled of marijuana.  I approached them about not being allowed to smoke marijuana in my home & they accused me of being a racist... Needless to say, they chose to cancel the reservation and leave after being here for less than an hour.  

I've just been notified that the guest has left me a review..I can't see it since I haven't reviewed them yet but one can only guess its a bad review.  Honestly, I didn't do anything wrong other than tell them that smoking marijuana in the home wasn't allowed...I didn't force them to leave.  If it is indeed a bad review, its gonna look super bad for me.  Is there anything that can be done about this?  

5 Replies 5
Farah1
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Laura987 you can try to give Airbnb a call and ask for their assistance. It will be really helpful if you have any evidence of what happened and the fact that they did not stay. Technically, guests who did not stay the night are not allowed to leave a review. However, unless the reservation status is canceled and/or there is any proof within the Airbnb system that they did not stay the night, then it might take a bit more effort to straighten things out. Good luck!

I just wanted to say Airbnb has changed their policy and people who cancels a reservation can now leave a review. It is a new policy and I think it needs to be stopped.

I had someone cancel a reservation before they got here and they were able to leave a review. They never came to my home or saw it, or stayed. They are able to leave a review based on the contact we had before the reservation. This person also asked for money back and I didn't give it back per my cancellation policy. Because of this the person can write a nasty review about you.

airbnb says you can challenge a bad review but you are going to have to call them and make a case for yourself  

Yes!  We have had nearly 50 perfect five star reviews and a guest cancelled the morning of and was able to leave a review.  She only left us 4 stars for overall experience even though I offered different dates and referred her to another Airbnb.  Very disappointing guests can leave reviews if they cancel.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

If they left of their own accord, and IF they are not being charged for the stay at all, then it ~should~ follow they are NOT entitled to leave a review. Perhaps approaching Airbnb with that logical argument will probably make sense, as long as you talk to a logical person.

Jeanne87
Level 2
Piedmont, CA

Please keep us informed! I have noticed on cleanup evidence of this myself.  I have posted a sign on the entrance reminding guests not to use lighters in bed! I'm scared they are going to set my house on fire. I will be making use of the block key for such tenants.  I already have one in mind!