Cancelling a guest's instant booking

Daisy3
Level 2
Jindabyne, Australia

Cancelling a guest's instant booking

Hi,

I received an instant booking as I had ignorantly turned it on, but the problem is that it is for next summer and because I hadn't put rates in for that far ahead, it had defaulted to low season for this year. It's a Christmas booking, during our short summer holiday peak season, and I have alerted them to the issue but haven't heard back.

Is it ok for me to cancel this booking? I wouldn't ask if we had a very long rental period, but it is literally 5 - 6 weeks.

I have since updated the rates.

Also, is there a way I can stop guests booking that far ahead until I have inputted new rates?

Thanks for any advice in advance,

Daisy

2 Replies 2
Luis-and-Tati0
Level 10
New York, NY

Hi @Daisy3

They are OK with canceling Instant book reservation if the host does not feel comfortable with the guest... I don't know if they would consider your case as such...
Sometimes this happens with me and I just let it go... I just got a reservation for September of 2017 with my base rate.... Usually I adjust my prices 6-12 months in advance, but not 17 months..

On your calendar (availability settings) you can limit the bookings within 3, 6, 12 months prior the guest arrival...

Luis

Hi Luis,

I thought I might just have to wear it this time and be more organised in future!

Thanks for the advice. I'll have a look at the calendar to limit bookings too far ahead.

Much appreciated,

Daisy