Cancelling a guests stay after check in

Cancelling a guests stay after check in

We have guests that have a two month booking but, after one week we realized a problem, they are alcoholics and now after 3 weeks have not been able to control there behavior. They are causing problems with other quests and last night told my wife, to shut the f—- up, when she was talking with a neighbor. If we boot them are we required to give them a refund? Suggestions please

3 Replies 3

@Michael4716  Generally when you terminate a guest's booking early, you have to refund the unused portion of their stay. But in a situation like this, it sounds like the risk of keeping these guests on outweighs the loss. especially considering that the problem is affecting other guests.

Julie-Ann21
Level 3
New York, NY

Oh my goodness. Contact support and ask them to help you find a way to get these people out of your home without ugly confrontation. That type of disrespect is unacceptable.  

If one of my guests had told me to shut the f up... I would have asked them to leave, offer a refund for the remainder of their stay, and asked them to do it within 12 hours, of course with the support of Airbnb. No one should disrespect you in your own home. 

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Michael4716, ring Airbnb immediately and get them to cancel on your behalf rather than cancelling them yourself. They will be refunded according to your cancellation policy. Also, report them so they are removed from the platform. Nobody wants to deal with aggressive drunks.