Cancelling a reservaton and losing superhost status

Dana9
Level 1
Phoenix, AZ

Cancelling a reservaton and losing superhost status

I have never cancelled a reservation but just returned from vacation to find that a guest has damaged some of my things and smoked in my home.  This was thier first Airbnb and did not have any reviews.  Sunday I accepted a reservation from someone who does not have reviews and now I really don't feel comfortable having them here and want to cancel but don't want to lease my superhost status but I do not feel comfortable with this guest staying in my home now.  Is there anyway to not lose my superhost status.  The reservation was confirmed less than 48 hours ago.

3 Replies 3

Hi @Dana9,

You won't lose your super host status. Don't cancel own your own, inolve Airbnb.

I assume your rules mention no smoking.

Call Airbnb using the number present on the itinenary and explain them that the guest has damaged stuff and violated house rules and you aren't comfortable. Seek guidance on how you should proceed. Airbnb will relocate the guest and cancel the reservation on their own and you won't be penalised, neither would you lose your badge.

Good luck 🙂

Jeet

Linda163
Level 1
Salt Lake City, UT

I lost my Superhost status due to the cancellation of a reservation.  I made the cancellation within 24 hrs. due to pending work on the house. Unfortunately the job was such that we needed to have the repair done on the schedule of the repair person.   I was under the impression that if a reservation was cnacelled within 24 hrs. there would be no penalty.  The guest was refunded his payment because it occured within 24 hrs. I think the same courtesy should be applied to hosts. We only , all of us, are attempting to do the best job possible.

Linda Chamberlain

Country Living at the Duck Pond House.

I had to do the same thing! Did you ever find a way to get around this?