Cannot block guests anymore?

Hitomi3
Level 10
Montreal, Canada

Cannot block guests anymore?

I usually block guests who are not welcome anymore to avoid their future bookings with me. Today, I noticed I cannot find blocking feature the way I used to.

How I used to do was:

- Click "Report" on the message screen with the guest

- Click "something else" for the reason of the report

- It prompts whether I want to block this user, I click "block"

Now, these are the screens that show up when I click "Report" on the message screen:

Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 9.53.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 9.53.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 9.53.40 PM.png

When I click "Give feedback", a text box open up where I can send a message to Airbnb, and it says "Thank you for feedback". That's it. I still cannot block the user.

Did Airbnb remove the blocking feature completely, or did it get moved to somewhere else?

38 Replies 38

@Rebecca181  Not that I am aware of. No notice at all. 

If you choose the "They're being offensive" reason you still have the option to block on the 3rd screen. I did it yesterday since a guest who cancelled turned being rude asking me to refund him the Airbnb fee.

@Olivier291  Then it looks like it's back up again and working. It was working two weeks ago for a few days and then went down again. You are the first one to state it's working again that I have seen. Thanks for the heads up. 

that is not correct, it doesn't work

Ann489
Level 10
Boise, ID

@Letti0  it is NOT working at all; no matter which way I try.  There simply is no more "block" feature.  😕

I really wish, Airbnb would get with it, instead of taking more and more tools away from us hosts.  I'm just about done.

still not working-really annoying!!

I can get to the block button, but when i click it it won't confirm or load next page to confirm person blocked.

Adrian-Francis0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I think it depends on the guest account: when it was first created, has the guest booked successfully in the past, how many reviews they had etc. I am a host and co-host and what we found is you get the block option with a new account but not with an account that's been around for a few years, I could be wrong but this is what we noticed.

Chris-And-Monica0
Level 3
Minneapolis, MN

I politely declined a guest based on the rule of the property we manage as a background check pulled up recent criminal convictions. Her response was hostile and now she keeps trying to book other apartments I host. Unfortunately I can not block this guest because Airbnb removed this feature. Ugh! HELP AIRBNB!

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 7.14.51 AM.png