Cannot block guests anymore?

Hitomi3
Level 10
Montreal, Canada

Cannot block guests anymore?

I usually block guests who are not welcome anymore to avoid their future bookings with me. Today, I noticed I cannot find blocking feature the way I used to.

How I used to do was:

- Click "Report" on the message screen with the guest

- Click "something else" for the reason of the report

- It prompts whether I want to block this user, I click "block"

Now, these are the screens that show up when I click "Report" on the message screen:

Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 9.53.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 9.53.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 9.53.40 PM.png

When I click "Give feedback", a text box open up where I can send a message to Airbnb, and it says "Thank you for feedback". That's it. I still cannot block the user.

Did Airbnb remove the blocking feature completely, or did it get moved to somewhere else?

38 Replies 38

yes, just tried to block a guest and cannot use the function.  Real problem for a host.

Makes it too risky to have auto booking now.  Thank you for the post it saved me much frustration and time.  Safe hosting. 

Brian686
Level 4
Morayfield, Australia

@Mike310I ran into this issue a couple of weeks ago and after going through 3 or 4 individuals in CS telling me I didnt know what I was doing and that it wasn't an issue with their platform software, I got someone thta knew what they were doing. You literally have to select that the user is being offensive and this will bring up the block button after you type in why. Apparently this is now the only way to block someone.

Brian,

Thanks for the reply and help. AIRBNB has made this a useless feature in my view with this change. Sometimes you just dont want a guest back for many reasons ,...You need to have control of your house as a host.  Thanks again and be safe. Mike  

Count me in!

I agree!

Absolutely we should be able to feel safe in our home from unwanted/ repeat guest -if a guest makes you feel threatened or uncomfortable. They are constantly changing things -not always for the better.

Adriana543
Level 2
Mesquite, TX

Any update on blocking ? 

@Adriana543   Still not working no updates on it. 

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

Unbelievable. What host rights will be taken away next? Oh, I forgot - We don't have any rights! 

Silly me.

@Rebecca181  It was coming up on and off for a while, now it's just says: Something is broken on this page. I have been recommending anyone that needs to block a guest call AirBnB and have them do it manually for them. Maybe if they get enough hosts calling to do this they will fix it already. 

Broken? Or deliberately disabled?

@Rebecca181  I am leaning to the disabled currently. When it was coming up on and off I was giving them the benefit of a doubt that it was a computer glitch. The current message with no on and off working anymore has changed my opinion. 

@Letti0 On a different note entirely, see the post I just put up - And check your account.

@Rebecca181  If it's the thread I replied to PLEASE make sure you have completely removed all interface with facebook to your AirBnB account. Check out the post I did as a reply. The actual breach is now being reported on various forums as a lot worse than they are letting people know. 

@Letti0 Yes, I did this right away. Has Airbnb sent an email / notification out to it's users to remove interface between Facebook and Airbnb? Did it go out and I just did not see it?