Cannot see some guests message, showing 500 internal server error

Attic---Michelle0
Level 1
Munich, Germany

Cannot see some guests message, showing 500 internal server error

I can see someone sending message to me in the message list, but when I click through the following message detail links it show 500 error:

Well, this is unexpected… Error code: 500

An error has occurred and we're working to fix the problem! We’ll be up and running shortly.

If you need immediate help from our customer service team about an ongoing reservation, please call us. If it isn’t an urgent matter, please visit our Help Center for additional information. Thanks for your patience!

Links with problem are here:

https://www.airbnb.com/z/q/198272588

https://www.airbnb.com/z/q/198539605

Why and how to solve it?

8 Replies 8
Francesca18
Level 3
Brighton, United Kingdom

I have error code 500 worried that it might have been because of something I did..? my listing appears banned off the site its not there and its the hottest weekend in July? Help

Andrew90
Level 10
New York, NY

Error code 500 is technical issue on Airbnb side. Please contact Airbnb support the community unfortunate cannot hemp in this area.
Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ
Francesca18
Level 3
Brighton, United Kingdom

Well the techinical error 500 means my listings is showing for future bookings but certainly not for this weekend or next. Airbnb have made some compensation to me a voucher and £150 for last weekend but this weekends looms and its Pride in Brighton I am usuallly booked out x 2 for 2-3 nights my loss in pounds is around £230 pounds. I am unlikely to make this up in the winter its really hurting  me financially. I have tried calling but often no one replies..I guess they are busy - promises of calls from a case manager but no one calls. Technical are working on it but no solutions offered. i guess a friend could launch the listing in my name would that solve it? 

Nki0
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

There should be an option we can use for help via instant chat, email or phone to solve any issues regarding AIRBNB.CA

I've been trying for an hour to make a transaction. I have already been pre-approved, but cannot make my payment - August 1, 2016 - 12;04pm. 

Mike78
Level 3
Colorado Springs, CO

I am seeing the same thing from the hosting side.  I can't even tell the person that I cannot see her request.

This has been happening since 8/4/2017.  Have reported it to Airbnb hotline and was told a ticket would be opened.  As of yet have received no ticket no.  At this time I'm able to function with the phone app, but this is definitely not the ideal situation.

Super Host

Fort Worth Guest Cottage since 2010

Bruce331
Level 1
Sydney, Australia

Yep just got 500 error

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

is anyone else having 500 internal server errors on their Listing?

I contacted ABB Support & back & forth are telling me it's from me end & all's fine from there end.

All the Internal Error Code 500 messages & CC topics about it indicate it's an Internal issue with ABB website so why are users told  it's their side?

The person in CS also suggested to download & use Mini Opera browser or Brave Browser, alas  when trying try to access them in Microsoft Store they come up as an Itune Music App...

@Nick 

@Lizzie @Fergus22 @Catherine-Powell 

@Brian