Castle?

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Castle?

I'm usually pretty good at knowing what is intended to be funny, but I need help this time. 

On my dashboard this morning was a popup titled "Made possible by you" with a link to "Get your hosting highlights".

I did. I got them. It's a series of screens that shows date started, how many guests hosted, overall average, things like that. At the end was a thank-you with this link to my listing. 

Castle?Castle?

Oh no! Another glitch! I clicked through to change "castle" (yikes!) to "treehouse" and found nothing  except "select property type" in the completely changed edit tab. Gah! Looked from the guest side and see that it is still a treehouse. 

Is the "castle" thing meant to be funny? Like "hello, young lady," said to me these days?

Is "castle" appearing as the property type at the end of your highlights as well? Let me know if you don't mind, anyone.

It was a stomach drop I didn't need today, but may have been a welcome laugh to a less-stressed host?

9 Replies 9
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Lawrene0  I think they have some glitch with property classifications. And places are appearing like that on the main site. A couple days ago I was just perusing the Unique Stays and there was a photo of a cottage in the forest, the host clearly titled, pictured, and described it as such, but the heading said Houseboat. And another treehouse labelled Castle.

And someone mentioned the other day that the Entire House category was gone, that instead there was only types of homes, like bungalow or apartment to choose from.

Seems they've been messing around with the categories and screwing things up in the process?

This is going to cause some problems. You'd best report this glitch.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Thanks, @Sarah977 . Good to know. Not an attempt to be funny, but a glitch. 

Looked further, but the edit section is a real mess right now. And in my inbox, I have a "new event" showing up, but, strangely, with a guest photo and nothing else -- no details, nothing about whether it is an inquiry or request,  nothing but the photo, which is normally the one thing they hold back. 

Hope whoever it is isn't trying to book a castle. 

Appreciate your time on this!

Oh, @Sarah977 , here I am getting you to do all my research! It's been the worst week, work-wise, timewise, for this weird stuff to show up. Thanks so much!

@Lawrene0  I just happened to read Ann's post about this new event glitch the other day, so I didn't have to strain myself. Happy to share.

It seems they've managed to come up with not one new glitch this week, but two. Nice to see the techies are working so hard. They must be exhausted. 🙂

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

M'lady @Lawrene0 , too funny! 

I'm definitely in the downstairs cohort of this particular castle's upstairs-downstairs. No m'lady for me, @Kath9 . 🙂

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Lawrene0 

Well, your market is becoming very crowded Lawrene, you better start cutting your price or guests are going to start searching for a better castle!

I Property management b.png

Cheers........Rob

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Robin4  3490 of them are Airbnb category glitches 🙂