Cease and desist order Las Vegas.

Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

Cease and desist order Las Vegas.

So i recently moved within the city limits of Vegas and received a cease and desist letter. Minimum rental is 31 days which I have set up for all my rentals and so I find there email and ask them WTF is going on?! 

There reasoning was that I received more than one review for the month of September. What kind of scientific evidence based mission are they on? Depending on when the guests decided to leave a review and when they arrive I could receive 6 reviews in a month. If the guest decides to extend for a week to week and they book again i could get more reviews in that month generated from someone who started with a 31 day minumum reservation. 

This is how our government spends there time and this is how they fact find: by relying on the system they are set up to police. 

2 Replies 2
Pete28
Level 10
Seattle, WA

They hire these guys - they are making good money from local government. Seattle wants to collect $1/day from every STR to pay for this...

https://hostcompliance.com

One company to hire another to hire another. Everyone gets a piece of the pie until they have a full pie. A slice here and a tax there. Having a long term rental i dont have to pay the city taxes or get any permits.