Change Price, Number of Guests, Check-in or Check-out Dates: A Community Help Guide

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Change Price, Number of Guests, Check-in or Check-out Dates: A Community Help Guide

-----------------Update June 5th 2017--------------------

An updated version of this Community Guide is now available, click here to view.

-----------------------------------------------

I thought since I have seen a lot of posts on the soon to be old groups with repeated questions I would make a how to guide with step by step directions.

Some guests who have booked with you may want to stay longer or cut their trip short.  They can make changes themselves but sometimes might ask you if you can make the changes.  Follow the steps below to make changes.  The guest will have to approve the changes but since they are usually the ones who request them, I can't see why they would not approve them.

Step 1: From the top menu bar, scroll over "Host" and choose "Your Reservations".  Find the guest you want to make the changes for and select the "Change or Cancel" link.

Step 2: Select "Change Reservation". 

change res.png

You can then change the price of your listing, the listing (if you have more than one), the check-in or check-out dates and the number of guests.

price.png

Step 3: Your guest will then be asked if they accept the requested change and if they do, the new changes will be reflected in the reservation.

Cheers

David

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

24 Replies 24
Bruce6
Level 2
Hilo, HI

Wow Dave, every time I have a question, there you are. 

So, when I try to do this the "submit alteration" button is greyed out and not choosable.

I want to discount someone that has already booked and cannot seem to change the price.

Heather14
Level 1
Kimberley, Canada

Ok so i have read this thread and tried several times to alter a reservation for a guest but the amount keeps coming back wrong on our account. I have changed the amount on the alteration page but the numbers in red do not change to accept the amount change that i have calculated for the guest. This has happened everytime i  have tried to use this feature and results in a frustrated host! when i spoke to someone at Air bnb they did not offer any suggestions that made any difference. i really need to figure this out.

Vic

My issue:

Current Listing - set limitation to two guests at a time with a $15 charge for each additional guest.

Issue - Airbnb customer shows up with third guest on day of arrival.

I was unable to alter the number of guests because "basics/listing/accomodates" was set to two guest limit in my listing.

Resolution - returned to original listing, modified: basics/listing/accodomates and changed to three guest limit.

Then I returned to the already 'arrived' guests booking to alter the booking (as previously described in prior posting).   I changed the guest count to three and submitted for approval to the guests. Then I changed the listing  back to two.

Ligia0
Level 2
New York, NY

David, thanks for the tutorial.  It's very useful.  However, I am trying to change the reservation and its completely frozen.  The "reservation change" does not allow me to do any chnages.   Is this a temporary thing or there is a problem/block with my specific reservation?  

Kevin27
Level 1
Tigard, OR

This does not work.

Elle5
Level 2
West Chester, PA

Hi!  What happens if the guest declines?  Does this mean they cancelled?  I cant see anything regarding my requested change or their response.  Thx 

@Elle5

If they decline, the reservation remains the same as it was originally booked.

David

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Francine18
Level 2
Ottawa, Canada

I'm interested in changing pricing for next year, peaking in July.  How do I set pricing for individual dates well in advance?

Hi there!

I was wondering if this will work during the stay, or will it be unchooseable since the arrival date has (no pun intended) arrived?

I have a guest that is set to check in today at 5PM, but as of now is not sure if he is staying an additional day.

Would it be easier to just change my reservation requiremtns to "Same Day" and have him put in a brand new reservation request?

Or, is he able to extend his reservation to add an extra day, provided he does it before the original scheduled check-out time?

Thank you for your help.

Maria-Fragkska0
Level 1
Paros, Greece

please any help!!

I have minimize my price to 250 euros/day  but when I am searching the villa in order to see how it looks it comes out with a price of 600 euros/day

why is this happened?

Do you know how can I "fix" it or whom I can contact with?

Hello everyone !

I recently had a reservation for 15 days.  Just 3  days before their scheduled departure they asked if they could leave two days earlier and if they are entitled to a refund from me. I know that such a matter is typically resolved by the Resolution Center but because I had a very frustrating experience with this so called "Help" Center, I decided to offer them in cash 50% of the amount corresponding to these 2 days. They accepted it and we all were happy. The case is over but I would like to know if Airbnb has some specific policy about this issue. So I am asking everyone:

Can I just refuse any payback ?

If I feel I must return some money to the guest should it be the total ammount, 50% of it or some other arbitrary amount ?

Has Airbnb a specific policy about it or is it something that the two parties have to resolve between them ?

Thanks for the Help!

Nikolaos

I have changed the price of my room as it was too cheap. The new price shows up on line but air Bnb have only charged my recent guests the old price so I have now suspended it as I don't know how to change this?

Did your recent guests make a booking request before the price change? If so, they would have the price at the time of the request. If you change your prices new visitors will see the new price (we change prices all the time to coincide with local events) and our guests get charged the correct amount. While you have the listing suspended you are making even less (zero dollars) than if a couple of guests got it a little cheaper. Prices in your are seem to vary greatly, so it is easy to see why you want to change your price.

Joanne13
Level 1
Henley Beach, Australia

I have acepted a bookign for one month but wish to alter the price. I sent through the alteration sveeral weeks ago but the guest just contacted me to say she has been charged the origional amount from Airbnb. She is most unhappy and now looking at cancelliung which is annoying. I cannot seem to find how to fix this or contact Airbnb. I looked into my booking alteration and the changes have been made although it does say "alteration pending you will be notfied when this has been actioned" Do you know how long it takes for the guest to recive the refund? Would appreciate some help.