Change reservation, type of room, but both rooms are now blocked

Leonie138
Level 1
Sámara, Costa Rica

Change reservation, type of room, but both rooms are now blocked

I had a guest entering the wrong room and then decided she wanted to stay in that room.

I changed the reservation for her through "change reservation" by marking the room she moved to and unmark the room she originally reserved.

Now both are blocked on my calendar though,

How do I open up the other room for future guests again? 

10 Replies 10
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Thats because you can't do that. You need to call Airbnb and ask them to sort out.

sounds like you need door locks on the bedroom doors if you let out multiple rooms. @Leonie138 

Leonie138
Level 1
Sámara, Costa Rica

Thanks for the prompt answer, I cant find any number to call Airbnb though

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Leonie138  I don't know what you mean by you "unmarked" the room she didn't want and "marked" the one she wanted, but "change reservation" only pertains to the listing that was booked, it can't be used to change a guest to another unit.

What needed to happen is she needed to cancel the first booking and then book the other room. But if she does that now, the payments will be all screwed up.

You can't unblock the days because there are now 2 active bookings for both rooms. You can't sort this out yourself, as Helen says, you'll need to contact customer service. 

And your listings are classified incorrectly. They should be listed as private rooms, not private studios. A studio means it's self-contained and has a kitchenette or some cooking facilities. But your rooms share a kitchen, and other common spaces, so they aren't studios nor entire homes, as they are currently listed.

With "mark" I mean the little check bo in front of each room that I have on that unit

When I went to "change reservation" it showed 6th e3 rooms I have and each with their check box, so I checked the one she preferred and the other emptied 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sarah977  @Leonie138 

The "change " option can be used to change the accommodation. I use it frequently.

There is one disadvantage: the (multi)calender updates extremely slow (can be up to 30 minutes !)  so temporary it looks if both rooms are reserved.

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Leonie138 

That’s because they don’t want you to call them.

I hear that their chat line is easier to use.

I can't find the link to the chat line, in resource center its very well hidden I believe... its like a labyrinth with no final to try and get in touch with them

@Leonie138 There is a large pinned post on the first page of the Help section of this forum "Contact Airbnb" that lists phone numbers and other ways to contact customer service.

@Sarah977 Last time I looked for this pinned post I couldn't find it. Is it still there?

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Stephanie  Why has the Contact Airbnb pinned post been removed? How are users who need help supposed to know how to contact Airbnb CS, considering there is no contact info on the Airbnb site? And that most users who've never had to contact them before have no idea to or how to plow through all the drop down menus in the Help section of the main site to finally get to a message box.