Change the verified ID

Change the verified ID

Is there anyway to update or change the verified identification document without deleting and airbnb account and loosing all the reviews?

What I mean is, I've uploaded an identification card, and now I want to change it for another one. Is this possible? Or do I have to delete the account to do it?

Thanks!

20 Replies 20
Lisa186
Level 2
Guate, Guatemala

I also need to change my verified identification.  I want to change the passport page I uploaded for a goverment issued ID.  How do I do that?

Hui6
Level 1
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

I need to know too. I need to update my verified phone number.

Theodoros0
Level 1
Heraklion, Greece

How do we change it? Can someone answer this issue?

This is an important question. Does anyone know the answer? It's not straightforward on the website. 

Hailey13
Level 1
Sheridan, OR

I also have run into this problem. My verified ID is expired, and I want to change it for my newly issued passport on my profile.

Maja53
Level 1
Zagreb, Croatia

I am experiencing the same issue, contacted the AirBnB Help Center and they keep repeating the same thing that didn't help.

Rebecca362
Level 2
IVGID, NV

I moved states and now have a new ID, therefore my old ID is invalid. Saw this thread, and am not sure I'll get a satisfactory response from Airbnb but sent them a note via the contact form ( https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us )and asked them to please post a response in this thread. I'll post their response if I get one.

Rebecca362
Level 2
IVGID, NV

Airbnb got back to me, and after following their instructions I was able to change my ID within the App.

Here's what they told me to do:

As far as your query is concerned about changing of your Government ID, it can be changed in the 'Edit profile' option and after that if you scroll a bit down on that page then you will find an option to Remove the existing Government ID (or if using a desktop computer, click on the X to delete the existing ID) and add the new one. I am sharing a link that will give you direct access to it:

www.airbnb.com/users/edit

Good luck!

Update to my last post. 

If in the App (I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S7):

1) Select the Profile icon on the bottom right

2) At the top of the app, under your first name, select View and Edit Profile

3) At the top of the app on the right side, select the Pencil (edit) icon

4) Scroll down to Government ID and select Remove

You can then upload your new ID.

Quick note: if you do the above steps, all your current bookings will be canceled, so make sure you don't have any bookings scheduled.

I need to do this but I just booked a rare find. I'm worried I'll lose it.

I want to change my ID is there a way to do it without loosing my 20 upcoming bookings?

Did you find a way? I have a booking but I want to update my ID.

Rob6715
Level 1
Kentucky, US

To upgrade your ID you have to go in and remove the old one and present the new one.