Change the verified ID

Change the verified ID

Is there anyway to update or change the verified identification document without deleting and airbnb account and loosing all the reviews?

What I mean is, I've uploaded an identification card, and now I want to change it for another one. Is this possible? Or do I have to delete the account to do it?

Thanks!

20 Replies 20
Brad565
Level 1
Bishkek, KG

The main questions seem to be never answered by airbnb - and the people who write to me actually seem angry that I am concerned about two things - Why should I lose my future bookings in order to update to a valid ID?  And secondly, what happens to my Superhost status if all my bookings are cancelled.  

I can think of no logical reason why updating your ID, which has expired, to a valid current one, should cancel future bookings.  

But, in the end, I have no faith that after the aggressive answers I have received from Airbnb, that there is actually a solution.

Taylor394
Level 1
Lansing, MI

This is ridiculous that you all could lose your bookings! I luckily don’t have any bookings for anything but my problem is that I got married last year and I realized just after returning from my most recent trip that my info on here is not up to date with my new last name (and if I think back to when I made my profile it’s probably my vertical, under-21 ID which is five years old...) and I went to change it but it says I cannot remove a valid ID for up to 90 days after a trip which is ridiculous because I really wish instead of it saying “remove” it said “update” towards where I could simply update my Valid ID but If god forbid Airbnb still needed my old valid ID, I would not mind if they still kept it on file but then also still update my current one. I don’t feel like this is such a difficult concept/request of Airbnb so hopefully they see this and consider changing it but I highly doubt it. Please let me know if anyone knows another way around this?

Sandra1611
Level 2
Fréjus, France

Hello All, I am going through this problem right now.  Airbnb advised to upload a new ID but there is no option on Mac via Chrome or on my Samsung Galaxy to do change.  Actually all I want is for my Airbnb VAT invoices to point to Germany and not UK so I can reclaim my input tax.  I was able to organise the currency listing and the payment method to a euro bank account in Germany.  Actually that requires manual management until I get rid of my current sterling bookings to UK accounts.  At the moment I am losing about 100€ a year.   That would buy me a nice meal and a one way flight to UK.  Good to know that ID change may cancel future bookings.  I will challenge them on that issue if it is true. I will update this post if I ever get a solution.

Karol22
Level 10
SF, CA

You can change your government ID by editing your profile. You can remove your existing ID and then add the new one. 

Sandra1611
Level 2
Fréjus, France

Yes thanks I found the area, eventually, to change my ID.  The problem is that it auto cancels any existing confirmed reservations.  This is apparently true, but only confirmed by Airbnb after I made a few challenges on the process.  Anyway I have a lot of hoops to jump and management of my payouts vis euro and sterling as I try to change over..

Francois801
Level 1
Manitou Springs, CO

- WARNING - This is still a BIG problem. DO NOT REMOVE YOUR ID IF YOU HAVE RESERVATIONS !!

I needed to update my ID and clicked the "remove" button. Without any warning, all the future reservations I had were immediately canceled. It took me several hours to fix the problem with assistance from a very helpful airbnb support guy. Here is what I had to do:

1 - Upload a new ID and take a photo of myself with the PC camera (nothing could be done without doing this first)

2 - Ask the aibnb support guy to check my ID and photo and validate them.

3 - Contact the host for each of my (now canceled) reservations:

- Explain the situation,

- Ask that they not release the dates I had booked,

- Ask them if they agreed to authorize airbnb to give me a full refund on my canceled reservation once I rebooked it (airbnb support could also see my conversation with the hosts and could see the agreement to refund).

4 - Rebook all my reservations (only after receiving agreement to refund from the host)

5 - Work with airbnb support to make sure they processed the refunds on all the canceled reservations.

6 - Go through the 40+ emails airbnb generated during this ordeal to make sure everything was done right.

This took more than 6 hours over two days !!!

Good Luck !