Change your location - Hack

David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

Change your location - Hack

A number of hosts have said they have trouble changing their location on the map. While this is technically not a ‘hack’ it is a work around. For some reason trying to do this on the main site or through the iPad app results in a ‘you can not change location’ message. BUT if you use the iPhone app it works fine. This won’t change your actual address just the location on the map. Hope this helps.

Screenshot from desktop

Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 9.34.20 am.png

Screenshot from Iphone

IMG_3405.png

8 Replies 8
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@David-and-Fiona0

thank you for posting this  🙂

It seems not working anymore.

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@David-and-Fiona0 Yes, at one time this was possible through the app, but I thought it was changed so that it wasn't possible anymore. I'm surprised you were able to do it.    Hosts can edit addresses and pin locations until they have a confirmed reservation.  After that, any address edits have to be done by Airbnb.  

When you changed your pin location did you have any confirmed reservations?  I'd be interested to know!

@Clare0  Interesting. I just checked my listings. The one that has a confirmed reservation in a week won't change but my other 2 listings that also have confirmed reservations in a month or so will change. 

Hoang-Danh0
Level 2
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Dear all team,

I have problem with my location host,  and i can't edit , so what can i do? somebody book my host, they see it stay center city, but my host  far form city center 10km. Please help me, thank you .

IMG_5578.PNG

My gps location automatically sent to guests leaves them 10km away.  when I send detailed instructions and gps in an email the gps gets stripped out as airbnb sees it as  phone numbers. Suggested resolutions are to recreate your listing! What? My listing(s) are very detailed plus photos and to recreate the site would take a lot of time.  Our listings belong to us and we log in securely to edit our data so exactly what is airbnb's problem? We need a sensible solution FROM AIRBNB. 

Did you solved it? I have the same problem ;( 

Ben799
Level 2
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I have same problem 😞